The jets are breaking up!

spawn

Apr 14, 2001
This is from their site:

THE SCREAMING JETS ANNOUNCE LAST DATES

After 12 years and 2000 gigs, half a million record sales and countless world
& national tours, The Screaming Jets have announced their last tour
dates before an indefinite break from touring.
Check Dates page for FOREVER Tour details...

I only found out today, this sucks, the jets rule!! Today I have a really sore throat infection, I found out i might have to go back on to night shift at work and the jets are breaking up.......someone put me out of my misery and run over me with a truck. Now. Please.
Well ill be seeing them on the 2nd last show at penrith panthers for sure, maybe ill go to newcastle to watch their last show (if i can get tickets, it will be hard to get them id imagine!)

Great. More news about jets breaking up. Just what I need. :(

(For those that don't know, I work for a certain Australian airline that had a little bit of an issue with jets over the Easter period ;) I've heard enough news about jets to last me a lifetime)

Yep, this certainly does suck.
I have seen the boys live about 6 times in the past 1.5 years, and they never disapoint. The last time I saw them was a few weeks ago at Alice Cooper's Sydney gig, and they were great. Dave Gleeson is a funny bastard, and an awesome frontman. Me thinks he is hyperactive! ;)

Anyhoo, I will go to their Castle Hill Tavern show, and possibly Parramatta Leagues Club.......
Sad day for Oz rock!

It just says "indefinite break from touring" - doesn't mean that they're breaking up, surely?? I only just really got into them last year, so it musn't be so!

Unfortunately it sounds pretty permanent, dave said on the radio that they all need to get out there and see what the real worlds like and that they have been in the band for over 10 years and it was time to give it a rest.
I wish it wasnt true as well spiff!

Phloggy: Sorry bout that :lol:

I saw the twice at least before they broke up, at the Kiss shows. No wait.... that's right, I didn't :) I was outside during the Jets because I didn't like them :p
Hahaha!

We have the Jets coming to the ANU Bar in Canberra (where I work behind the bar and as the Promo guy) on 26th May. They are definetly splitting up after this tour. (With all the re-union's going on these days I'm sure they will be back. Not that I really care for them. Too basic for me, but I give them respect for doing what they have done.

Matty