Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Paul Stanley

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

TRrEiTxIxRiE DTrash

New Metal Member
Apr 14, 2001
Which is the best!

My vote clearly goes to Paul's. EASILY the best, and better than alot of Kiss' albums too.

After that (WAAAAAAAAAY below Paul's coz none of these are as good as Kiss albums):
2. Ace Frehley
3. Gene Simmons
4. Peter Criss

:lol:

I've only heard Ace's, therefore it's the best.

Troops, which album do I want to buy - Animalize or Asylum? They're like the only two non-makeup Kiss albums I don't have (I think). And don't say "both".

I voted for the Spaceman because his was the first of the solo albums I heard all the way through. Mr. Stanley's runs a very close second :).

Spiff, go for Asylum. It has all the big hair and fun you could want from an 80s KISS album and is 2:50 longer than Animalize.

W

I don't see why people like Ace's all the much. Has some great riffs but he can't sing and the songs are nowhere near as good as Paul's. Still a pretty good album but doesn't compete with Kiss albums, whereas Paul's solo album slaughters some Kiss albums.

Go for Asylum. Better songs and more tasteful guitar playing. Plus there is one more Paul Stanley song on it than Animalize has :) Gene's songs pretty much suck on both albums. They are just boring songs, all filler. Some of them aren't bad songs, but as I say, they are all filler.

On Animalize, Paul only has 5 songs and one of them sucks (Under The Gun). On Asylum he has 6 songs which are all good, and the three singles & the opening track in particular are among Kiss' best songs ever.

Yeah it is a very good Kiss song that one. Gene got back in form a bit when they did Revenge. Unholy and Domino are probably the 2 best songs he'd done since the Lick It Up album. Although the bad songs on Revenge were still all his of course (Thou Shalt Not, Spit, etc.)

Take It Off does indeed rule. Heart of Chrome isn't anywhere near as good as Europe's similarly-titled Heart of Stone, though. Tough Love ain't all that.

Heart Of Stone is by far the best song on The Final Countdown. BY FAR. But still isn't as good as some of the stuff on Prisoners In Paradise!

Heart Of Chrome & Tough Love rule! I think Revenge is slightly overrated as a Kiss album simply because it has shit songs like Paralyzed (good intro though), Spit, Thou Shalt Not and Everytime I Look At You (bad ballad by Paul strangely!). None of the songs on Crazy Nights or Asylum are as bad as those 4 songs, and only 2 songs on Hot In The Shade are as bad as them. They are fucking TERRIBLE songs, some of the worst Kiss have ever done and I can't even stand to listen to them.

The other 8 songs on the album are all excellent but I hate having to skip really really bad songs that ruin it. I can't really see why its such a big "comeback" for the band because their albums from 83-89 were more consistent and solid throughout.