the Lake Bodom Murder

FireVisor

New Metal Member
Sep 7, 2004
About the murder at Bodom lake.

I recently found out about the story behind the name Children of Bodom. Before this I thought it was just made up, so I laughed at songs like Silent Night, Bodom Night, simply because I thought the word Bodom had no meaning, and that they randomly put it into their songs to make it sound cool.

But when I found out, on another forum, by a guy who said that he liked the music even better after knowing. I have never looked at the music the same.
Isn't it very wicked to name something based upon a real event that lead to three deaths, and then make songs about death taking 'em all? Am I the only one who thinks this is a bit disturbing.

Don't get me wrong, I am NOT going to stop listening to their music just because of this fact. But I mean, close people might still be alive dammit. What do they think about a band that are named after a very bloody and true incident involving their old close ones? What does Nils, who is still alive say about it? But I can't deny the fact that they're incredible tunes come with a little small pinch of distaste now. Or is that part of their plan? To let people find out the truth and suddenly look at them in a different way.
I truly believe, anyway, still that is a gimmick, and that it is just an image.
I just thought it would make a good discussion subject.

I am very intrested in what YOU think about their choice of name and lyrics.
With all due respect they're music rocks into infinity! It is a long time ago, but the murders are 100% true and are not that far away in time. Is it morally right? You propably don't give a shit... :headbang: anyway... haha

Trigger away, tell me what you think. If you've no Idea what I am talking
about. Then visit this site.

http://members.lycos.co.uk/scythesofbodom/docs/siteupdates.htm

And read the Lake Bodom section.

Children of Bodom owns!

children of bodoms lyrics, with a few exceptions, have more or less been about not giving a shit about anything....the lyrical content itself included. I think they are just being distasteful for the sake of it and dont really care! I accept that bodom arent a lyrics or even really a vocal band, its just good fun.

i think they're starting to run out of ideas on the Bodom murder theme. on HCDR it seems like they named a song "bodom beach terror" just to keep this theme alive.

they're a different band now than they used to be, they just kept the name.

Ok, I get it... And you know what? I don't give a fuck... I am just saying my experience changed after knowing. And I just think it is evil and sad... But I really don't give a flying fuck...

And since when was metal about not giving a fuck anyway? That is just pretty stupid. I am not anti-rebellious... I just say it is a pretty stupid name, when you think about what it means. It is not that it is a true story that bothers me, but that it is a modern true story...

But yeah, WHATEVER... I love their music to infinity... And hell yeah it is old news... But not to me.

I just thought the theme was downright evil... Not ignorant, or a "who gives a shit" thing... I don't ask them to do good lyrics... I am just saying that they'd be equally good without the Bodom theme... Atleast that is my opinion.

Over and out. Metal all the way!

@FireVisor: Well, they would still be Inearthed, but they had to change their name when they signed to Spinefarm and I guess that's the best they could think of on a short notice.

I think it was their choice to play with this painful theme...sooo, they'll pay their price for it... But I reckon it's a kinda mission for metal to speak about all these themes for people ...'cos it's only our society who made all these "Reappers"...Anyway, I lOVE THIS BAND 'S NAME VERY MUCH...And I dream to visit this lake oneday...
Anybody else - fuck yourself and die!:)