the Lake Bodom Murder

I always thought it was a genius idea

shock factor, maybe for people in Finland where everyone knows about it. I would call Dimmu Borgir, Cradle of Filth and stuff like that shock factor, and it works. Those american kids love that shocking stuff, even though the majority of them are all posers anyway!

dargormudshark said:
I always thought it was a genius idea

shock factor, maybe for people in Finland where everyone knows about it. I would call Dimmu Borgir, Cradle of Filth and stuff like that shock factor, and it works. Those american kids love that shocking stuff, even though the majority of them are all posers anyway!

I don't think it's been really a shock here in Finland. I guess it's much more of a shock to everybody else as they get to know about the murders because of COB. It comes as a surprise of some sort as can be seen from the first post of this thread.

I myself laughed when I first heard the name. I thought it was silly, but after a while I got used to it and now it sounds quite cool.

NeedledWarheart said:
Because you're a christian?

Me Christian? Hah, I don't know what I am, I have no need of feeling part of some social fucking group... I just think about those damn kids who got fucking murdered... Not for Devils Angels Reapers and that shit...

But it sells, so... who gives a shit...? Some do... No wonder, it is the same as people care for any other killed human being... as other tragedies...

It has nothing to do with religion. I just don't want to hail murder... I don't mind Satan Death God whatever... That is not the point... They are just fairy tales for me... But this is no fucking fairy tale...

I just came up with a great song! *tada* "God pissed on the two towers!"

I like their music anyway... But with a bitter taste, and their music isn't bitter...

i suppose i understand your point, like you wouldnt hold a awesomly talented band with a name like "Firemen buried by rubble" becasue it "glorifies" 9/11. am i right?

i see your point, but another thing you have to remember is that if i also named my band "pearl harbour" its going to get a dfferent responce then the fireman one, becasue its less recent. the bodom murders happened a LONG, LONG, LONG time ago. people remembered, but they didnt discuss it everyday, it was never solved and brushed away after enough time passes. but take it as a gimmick, publicity stunt, whatever, they make godd music, and thats all that matters.

old news, we all learnt that years ago.
he's not here to tell the story, he's here to get opinions. reading is fun.

needled. why are you being a dick?

i find it in poor taste, too. and to people who dont know the story, the band's name sounds retarded

FireVisor said:
Me Christian? Hah, I don't know what I am, I have no need of feeling part of some social fucking group... I just think about those damn kids who got fucking murdered... Not for Devils Angels Reapers and that shit...

But it sells, so... who gives a shit...? Some do... No wonder, it is the same as people care for any other killed human being... as other tragedies...

It has nothing to do with religion. I just don't want to hail murder... I don't mind Satan Death God whatever... That is not the point... They are just fairy tales for me... But this is no fucking fairy tale...

I just came up with a great song! *tada* "God pissed on the two towers!"

I like their music anyway... But with a bitter taste, and their music isn't bitter...

Is Satan Death God the new dimmu borgir album

M. said:
and to people who dont know the story, the band's name sounds retarded

who cares? that's the risk they take as a band and the last time i checked they arent the only band who has a stupid sounding name. i mean at least it has somekindof meaning, instead of something like Limp Bizkit.

This is directed to FireVisor.....
Are you a fan of Marilyn Mansons music? If so, he and the rest of the band have picked names of serial killers and have "marketed" on those names...did you go on their messageboard and complain about that also? I dont see anything wrong with COB using the name just because of a tragedy that happened. Its not as if they are mocking the people that were murdered. I think if that was the case, the victims' families wouldve jumped on the opportunity to take them to court and have them change the name and/or get some monetary compensation from the band. You shouldnt be so offended by their name due to where it originated from. Just my opinion.

do you think the family would even know of cob? theyre not exactly mainstream.
quite frankly i dont see what the fuss is all about, why are you people acting so pissed off because somebody else has an opinion?

M. said:
do you think the family would even know of cob? theyre not exactly mainstream.
quite frankly i dont see what the fuss is all about, why are you people acting so pissed off because somebody else has an opinion?

He has his opinion and I have mine. Btw, I am not pissed off.