"The Legacy" review by The Metal Observer

Reign in Blood rules, dude. It's got amazing drumming, guitar playing, and a kick ass thrash feel and is obviously Slayer's most brutal record.

Hey, I just prefer variety to endless br00tality. If I want a real nonstop thrash fest, I put on Dark Angel...their riffs are better, and they slow down occasionally to keep things interesting. Reign In Blood is good while it lasts, but everything in between Angel of Death and Postmortem is really forgettable.

Atleast Pyrus knows that DARKNESS DESCENDS fucking tears apart assholes!!!

but dude, Seasons in the Abyss is BORING as fuck aside from War Ensemble, Spirit in Black, Hallowed Point and Born of Fire, that record has always made me very sleepy.

RIB is a masterpiece! Epidemic has it all! speed, heaviness, screams, totally fucking sick!! Same with Altar of Sacrifice and Reborn! Nothing by anyone beats Necrophobic for pure 100% SPEED!!!!!
Sick lyrics too!

This tour is going to rule so much it isnt funny!!

But that's my point...songs like Necrophobic are just like speed for the sake of speed, nothing really interesting there. You take South of Heaven or Seasons In the Abyss, they put together some really fucking good riffs; most of Reign the riffs are either not particularly interesting or just buried by the sheer tempo. I'd rather see bands put together coherent midtempo tunes than masturbatory exercises in speed-picking.

Of course, fast tunes with good riffs and songwriting are always the best, but you can't have everything.

In any case, I'm still gonna see Slayer on the upcoming tour; the beauty of concerts is that no matter how crappy the songs sound, you can still just dive into the pit and have fun.