The Maidens on YouTube

:oops: You guys are too kind. :oops: I really admire the likes of Phil Collins and his ability to simultaneously sing and play as soulfully as he does. Now, THAT's some hard stuff to coordinate! :headbang:

Doodoobubbachuck said:
:oops: You guys are too kind. :oops: I really admire the likes of Phil Collins and his ability to simultaneously sing and play as soulfully as he does. Now, THAT's some hard stuff to coordinate! :headbang:

No my dear Linda, you are just too amazing.:kickass: Like I said last night maybe the rhythm isn't difficult but the physical effort and not missing a cymbal at that rate is pretty damn impressive. :headbang:

Wanda impresses me with stuff only another bass player would notice, but that section should impress even the non drummers.

Jim

spideyjg said:
No my dear Linda, you are just too amazing.:kickass: Like I said last night maybe the rhythm isn't difficult but the physical effort and not missing a cymbal at that rate is pretty damn impressive. :headbang:

Wanda impresses me with stuff only another bass player would notice, but that section should impress even the non drummers.

Jim

Quoted for truth! :cool:

Doodoobubbachuck said:

To quote my wife after watching the Phantom bit,"That was wicked!"

Like I said impresses even the non drummers. I had to explain the left foot was working the hi hat though. She is a real non drummer.:lol:

Jim

Doodoobubbachuck said:

I was just thinking if there were any other drummer/singers I could think of who do that and the amazing Don Henley springs to mind. I love his voice and his drumming style. :worship:

You took the drummer right outta my mouth Jenna. Don Henley is remarkable. However, being a bassist, the likes of Geddy Lee and Sting are really the guys I can only worship at the feet of.

BassPhantom said:
You took the drummer right outta my mouth Jenna. Don Henley is remarkable. However, being a bassist, the likes of Geddy Lee and Sting are really the guys I can only worship at the feet of.

How about Paul McCartney? I love Don Henley's voice too Jenna. It's so warm.

BassPhantom said:

Doodoobubbachuck said:

Glad to see there are other Don Henley fans!! I saw them in June at Hampden Park in Glasgow and they were amazing!!! There's one line in the song After The Thrill Is Gone where he sings, "Any kinda love without passion, ain't no kind of loving at all." and he really does sing it with such passion and feeling. I think my favourite song with him on vocals is Desperado tho. :worship:

I'm not surprised that Linda thinks it isn't hard, because she makes it look too fucking easy! I agree about Phil Collins, though when he was on tour, his clone Chester Thompson did the drumming while he sang. I wish I could have seen that Invisible Touch tour back in 87-88, because that was the nadir of Genesis right there. They played songs on that album that traversed almost every genre they dipped their fingers into. Hell, I remember trying to learn The Brazilian because I thought it was an awesome instrumental.

I agree about Don Henley, though its plain to see that he loves what he does.

Liz, you rock... plugged Wanda right back in without missing a damned beat... awesome!

Metallicat180 said:
Glad to see there are other Don Henley fans!! I saw them in June at Hampden Park in Glasgow and they were amazing!!! There's one line in the song After The Thrill Is Gone where he sings, "Any kinda love without passion, ain't no kind of loving at all." and he really does sing it with such passion and feeling. I think my favourite song with him on vocals is Desperado tho. :worship:

Don Henley (( <3 )) I learned how to sing harmony listening to the Eagles. :) His solo work is incredible too.

That was a fun Sat.- George did a great job on sound - and yes Miss Linda was on FIRE! Some special moments in that show!

Air Raid Siren said:
Don Henley (( <3 )) I learned how to sing harmony listening to the Eagles. :) His solo work is incredible too.

That was a fun Sat.- George did a great job on sound - and yes Miss Linda was on FIRE! Some special moments in that show!

For harmonies you can't beat Seven Bridges Road. I adore that song!!!!

You were pretty on fire yourself hun!!! Especially on Rime when you were back at the drums dancing about, jamming with Linda and headbanging just like Bruce does!!! It made me smile to see you all giving it 110%!!! :kickass:

Doodoobubbachuck said:

Well I didn't mention every bloody bassist/vocalist out there! LOL Just the couple that popped into my head at that moment!
But yes, Sir Paul is an incredibly talented man, especially when he's 64 :loco:

I gotta say I never actually saw the Maidens before January, but after watching the Alex Skolnick video, I definately prefer Aja's voice.

Metallicat180 said:
No offense to Jen, but Aja is a much better singer than her.

Yep I would agree. The audio was loaded with digital clipping as well. :puke:

Jim

I agree also, Aja has more of the operatic(i think that's the word i'm looking for) sound that Bruce has which makes it sound more like Maiden.