The Marx Brothers

ShredManWalking

Hit man for the Order
Dec 5, 2002
Kent State University
listen.to
This is quite off topic... But oh well. Anyone here like the Marx Brothers? I have been really into their style of comedy lately, especially Groucho's wisecrackin' remarks. Although totally oldschool, their humor is genius, and was way ahead of its time. That's just my thoughts.

and do you know whats better than the family guy? The NEW (not old, but new) South Park episodes.

Yeah, I love the Marx Brothers! I think Animal Crackers is probably my favorite of their movies. The whole, "I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How it got in my pajamas, I don't know" thing just kills me.

Mr. Shred-ididle said:
and do you know whats better than the family guy? The NEW (not old, but new) South Park episodes.

I dunno, I think there staring to run out of ideas. The Old people driving episode was great, but the Queer Eye episode was the worst I had ever seen, ever.Raisins was ok, but the Wiz of Oz canada episode was very lacking...mostly all there really doing is poking fun at what ever is in the recient news anyways..it will be nice to see Mr.Hankey again tho..

Get your trendy south park and family guy out of our tr00 classic comedy Marx brothers thread.
On topic: yeah I love Marx brothers. Their (Groucho's) humor, along with Monthy Pyton and Benny Hill, is among my all-time favorites.

Dado-x said:
Get your trendy south park and family guy out of our tr00 classic comedy Marx brothers thread.
On topic: yeah I love Marx brothers. Their (Groucho's) humor, along with Monthy Pyton and Benny Hill, is among my all-time favorites.

dont make me break out the Evil Monkey...

What is so great about the Marx Brothers is how timeless much of their humor is. Most of their movies were filmed 70 years ago, yet much of the humor still holds up. Yes, the 'elephant in my pajamas' joke is the best!

Southpark will never compare to Family Guy.

But back to the topic at hand, the Marx Brothers are great. Duck Soup is one of my favorite comedy movies of all time, right up there with Clerks and Office Space.

Harpo's slap-stick stuff is grand. Yep, running up with a giant pair of scissors and cutting random things is just great. Yeah, South Park and Family Guy are great, but without the inspirations the writers of those shows got from the Marx Brothers, they wouldn't be as funny.

RobbM said:
dont make me break out the Evil Monkey...
Don't make me
fury.jpg

marx bothers a funny, but charlie chaplin rules them all

great dictator is one of my favorite movies ever