The Moor sigh/cough finally explained!

whattsa fuckin deal, i remember when hearing still life and the moor for the 1st time i clearly heard mike said melinda, and if he wasn't so what?

and i remember ppl called me 'weird' on this forum 3 years ago for noting that the moor had some problems with the right channel several times between 5.06 - 5.46...

discouraged1 said:
and i remember ppl called me 'weird' on this forum 3 years ago for noting that the moor had some problems with the right channel several times between 5.06 - 5.46...

I hear it too. Is it with all releases or only a specific group of them?

yeah, its in the faq:

Yes, it's an DAT error...something happened with the DAT while we were mixing the album. Nobody noticed at first, then Anders from In flames heard these "drop outs"...they we're all over the place at first, but we managed to cut some of it out in the mastering...still that part couldn't be helped and I HATE listening to it!

segaszivos said:
I know what Mikael said, but its still sounds more like Melinda to me.

Nah, what Mike said has to due with the right channel dropping at spots throughout the song.

the "melinda"/cough thing is totally unrelated.

abcdefg said:
Yup, listen at exactly 3:41, well listen from 3:35 then be ready when 3:41 hits with your ear close to the speaker, unless you wanna blast it. You hear, "ruuuuuffff" or some shit.

1) Just a quick idea that could be tried.... take the track into cool edit and NORMALIZE the section of the "cough/melinda" and amplify it a fuckheap and then see?? Im too lazy to do this myself at the moment, so.. no...

2) Is it just me but what the fuck does the "whatever live.... LIVE..." thing have to do with if it is a cough or not in a STUDIO recording.... ?????

I mean, it would be like trying to argue that a certain intonation or accenting of something is done one way because the drumer for example hits the ride that LITTLE bit harder live... so ofcourse it MUST BE SO?!>!>!

ARGGH!

Anyways! From "the land down under"
Hello and goodbye again...

Offtopic, I am just interested in the new "concept" album...... thing, whatever is happening with Opeth now...

And for the record, the best song is "Forest of october"