The Moor tab

Nambdull

Dreamer
Feb 1, 2008
Slovakia
last.fm
Sorry for making new topic about this, but I'm hopeless. I searched almost whole internet, but i couldn't find any correct tab for this song. I found some, but they weren't right....at all. I wonder that people who made those tabs are deaf or what. Or I am.
Do you guys have, or know about any? Pleeaaase!

Sorry for making new topic about this, but I'm hopeless. I searched almost whole internet, but i couldn't find any correct tab for this song. I found some, but they weren't right....at all. I wonder that people who made those tabs are deaf or what. Or I am.
Do you guys have, or know about any? Pleeaaase!

Haha I totally agree. Looking at certain tabs just makes me think "Wow is this person tone deaf or just an idiot?"

If you want to know, and that is a coincidence, but I was making a new one (since the only one available on the internet completly sucks). Right now it ends right before the accoustic part. The rest of it is repetition anyway.

EDIT : No bass too.
EDIT : If someone wants it or wants to help me finishing it, tell it to me. Getting trouble with the accoustic part.

Was it yours wanky?

Nah, I cotabbed it with some other guy (who did a bunch of songs off Deliverance and Ghost Reveries too), he did almost all the guitar, I just fixed it up a bit and then did the bass for him. So, to reply to the guy working on a new one, you might not want to bother unless you think the existing one has gigantic errors or are a glutton for punishment, that song is really pretty hard to tab, especially bass-wise, I got lucky and found a really good live bootleg where you could hear all the bass parts clearly :p

I must agree that it's not a easy task to me. The sounds on this song are sometime hard to differenciate, but I think to old version as way to many errors and many would agree on that point. Even the song's structure is wrong in that tab, and the tempo is often way to slow. Too many little things that empty that tab from its credibility. The accoustic part's end isn't even done. I'll try to figure out that part and will come back with it.

EDIT: Using Guitar Pro 5.

The structure's fine. You're probably thrown off by how the tab converted power tab's repeat signs and repeat endings to text, it makes it kind of unclear. I assure you the whole song is there. The only issue I have with the version on there is that dissonant hammer on thing at the end of the first "verse" riff, the author refused to budge on it even though I was sure it was played more like

D ----5h6
A --------
E 3h4-----4p0

As for "it has plenty of other mistakes, and anyone would agree" GG. I'll be intrigued to see all your fixes.

Is that a tab on Guitar Pro? Maybe we're not talking about the same one, but if we do, YES there are plenty of errors and I'm not saying it like if I knew everything, there are just errors that's a fact, so don't put me to challenge this way, I'm already working on it.

Is that a tab on Guitar Pro? Maybe we're not talking about the same one, but if we do, YES there are plenty of errors and I'm not saying it like if I knew everything, there are just errors that's a fact, so don't put me to challenge this way, I'm already working on it.

I'm talking about the one linked in the thread (http://www.xguitar.com/guitar-tabs/opeth/still_life/moor.txt) which is much, much different from that godawful old text one that's been floating around since 2000 or so. It's an export of the guitar part from the powertab. The actual powertab is here:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/o/opeth/the_moor_power_tab.htm