THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE SONG-BY-SONG REVIEW OF NINE ON THE UNIVERSE! :)

I think it's interesting you posted this link to a review in another language when this forum is in English. Instead of asking everyone to request the English version, why don't you provide it as a courtesy to all who surely would be interested?

I think it's interesting you posted this link to a review in another language when this forum is in English. Instead of asking everyone to request the English version, why don't you provide it as a courtesy to all who surely would be interested?
;)

It was quite a long review to translate considering how sophisticated style in original language was. ccd333, thanks for the support (obviously i'm not sarcastic) :)

So, enjoy:

"Nine" is an authentic piece of work, at first glance, is made of simple consonances, but of which after the first listen you end up inadvertently possessed, and never losing sight of them.

It's, however, just a patient exploration that it eventually reveals itself to the listener the fabulous world hidden inside. And when such a journey is made, , listening to the album transforms it into finally become the multiplier a multitude of constant epiphanies. Only then in fact, will "Nine" speak to shatter your defenses, reaching a hand into your chest to rip out your heart. Then it will be shown to you, pulsating, and you will love it as well when it happens.

Never long-winded, never autistically derivative, and always seeking a clear, path, , "Nine" is undoubtedly the result of time well-spent.

It is a mature work, in which, fortunately, doesn't try to surprise impress, but is right within reason of the artis's ability, and is practically laid out to create emotions, thanks to an attempt at highlighting the band and their brilliant iinteraction.

With this release we must recognize to Circus Maximus for their personality and charisma that, over the years, have been hard-earned, and that in the past, perhaps rightly, they have been often denied.

The pop flavor will help them gain new audiences, while the technically balanced and familiar parts, earth-like metal raids in war-like,odd times, combined with rich melodies and superb arrangements, will please older fans of the Norwegian.

The sound and production are amazing. The most articulate moments are balanced with wisdom and maturity.

Hoping for a positive reaction from readers, with "Nine" I risk to speaking of "AOM" (Adult Oriented Metal) from a heavy progressive influence.

Where is it written, therefore, that a successfully huge album must be revolutionary? And what does “revolutionary” even mean (to anyone)? Is it often confused with the mechanical effort to raise the metaphorical bar a few inches higher?

Surely "Nine" is not a revolutionary work in this direction, but it is revolutionary in a more elegant and discreet way.

I confess, I was going to write that as an easy way out, but is more fair that only after some time has passed can one speak of a masterpiece. Or maybe it's right that only the Time speaks of a masterpiece.

However, I must strongly recommend buying this album, because it will be the only way to have in your hands the proof that if perfection is not of this world, at least in this world you can get close to perfection, very close.

An incredible album.

It was quite a long review to translate considering how sophisticated style in original language was. ccd333, thanks for the support (obviously i'm not sarcastic) :)

So, enjoy:

"Nine" is an authentic piece of work, at first glance, is made of simple consonances, but of which after the first listen you end up inadvertently possessed, and never losing sight of them.

It's, however, just a patient exploration that it eventually reveals itself to the listener the fabulous world hidden inside. And when such a journey is made, , listening to the album transforms it into finally become the multiplier a multitude of constant epiphanies. Only then in fact, will "Nine" speak to shatter your defenses, reaching a hand into your chest to rip out your heart. Then it will be shown to you, pulsating, and you will love it as well when it happens.

Never long-winded, never autistically derivative, and always seeking a clear, path, , "Nine" is undoubtedly the result of time well-spent.

It is a mature work, in which, fortunately, doesn't try to surprise impress, but is right within reason of the artis's ability, and is practically laid out to create emotions, thanks to an attempt at highlighting the band and their brilliant iinteraction.

With this release we must recognize to Circus Maximus for their personality and charisma that, over the years, have been hard-earned, and that in the past, perhaps rightly, they have been often denied.

The pop flavor will help them gain new audiences, while the technically balanced and familiar parts, earth-like metal raids in war-like,odd times, combined with rich melodies and superb arrangements, will please older fans of the Norwegian.

The sound and production are amazing. The most articulate moments are balanced with wisdom and maturity.

Hoping for a positive reaction from readers, with "Nine" I risk to speaking of "AOM" (Adult Oriented Metal) from a heavy progressive influence.

Where is it written, therefore, that a successfully huge album must be revolutionary? And what does “revolutionary” even mean (to anyone)? Is it often confused with the mechanical effort to raise the metaphorical bar a few inches higher?

Surely "Nine" is not a revolutionary work in this direction, but it is revolutionary in a more elegant and discreet way.

I confess, I was going to write that as an easy way out, but is more fair that only after some time has passed can one speak of a masterpiece. Or maybe it's right that only the Time speaks of a masterpiece.

However, I must strongly recommend buying this album, because it will be the only way to have in your hands the proof that if perfection is not of this world, at least in this world you can get close to perfection, very close.

An incredible album.

This is very well written (save for a few typos here and there), but I'm a bit confused about who is writing what??? Obviously this is not the same song by song review from the original link. Is this last review YOUR words? And is the original link from someone else? If so, I misunderstood and I apologize. I would not expect you to translate a link to another review. I was under the impression it was your review.

But if the original link is your review, don't confuse my original reaction......I wouldn't call it "support" (unless you consider support as being for the others who would be interested). I was being critical (so frankly I wouldn't blame you if you did get sarcastic). To what extent it's justified is subjective and up to you and the others who read the thread. You seemed to take it well, so I can only deduce you thought it was meant to be constructive (which it was).

If the translation is too difficult, then fair enough. But I am also confused about that as well. You stated you had an English version available by "request". My point was and still is......why not just post that version here???

Definitely my fault. Really, your thread was fun and it encouraged me to translate.

Original review is mine. I asked who was interested in English version because if it was interesting for few people, I avoided going crazy with my English grammar and vocabulary to translate the original text (very long - full of technical words - and written in a very sophisticated style).

So, my first goal was to translate the review conclusion ("IN SINTESI" in original lenguage) :)

:headbang:

Thanks for that clarification. I would really like to see the entire review. So long as they are not overly gratuitous or grossly esoteric, I for one am rather fond of technical words and sophistication!

Circus Maximus is a progressive band.....I'm sure the fine folks on this forum can wade through the highbrow verbage.:)

Thanks for that clarification. I would really like to see the entire review. So long as they are not overly gratuitous or grossly esoteric, I for one am rather fond of technical words and sophistication!

Circus Maximus is a progressive band.....I'm sure the fine folks on this forum can wade through the highbrow verbage.:)

Totally agree