the most inspirational thing i've ever seen

aramism

Dec 2, 2006
New York, NY
www.myspace.com
not sure if this has been posted. i tried doing a search with his name but couldn't find anything but......

this is the most inspirational thing i've ever seen.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is incredibly awesome! At the same time it makes me feel like shit. I have one finger missing in my picking hand and that fucked my playing up. Rick is all fucked up and shreds like it's no problem. Wow! inspirational indeed.

there's some jazz bassplayer that lost one hand (picking hand) forgot his name, plays almost everything with hammer ons and pull offs and his stuff sounds really cool.

My dad lost his hand during an accident with a wood grinder, but he still has the lower part of his palm left, and as soon as the wounds had healed, his friends designed a glove that he could mount a drumstick to.
The drumstick mount had a spring attached to it, which allowed him to control dynamics/bounce by bending his wrist.

Then his band split up, he sold his drum kit and bought a guitar instead.
Then he just heated up orthopedic plastic, wrapped it around his "palm", and stuck a pick in it while it was still hot.. and now he can play guitar just fine!

And i have a brother with Cerebral Palsy, and when we visited him after he had been at a training center, he pulled him self out of his wheelchair, set the table, opened the oven and pulled out a plate of cookies and set it on the table.. poured coffee to all of us.
We just stood there like "WTF??".. because seriously, 6 months earlier this guy almost needed help to go to the toilet.

.. I guess i have allot of inspiration in my home really.. or maybe just a really sick family! :lol:

That's awesome dude, especially about your brother - great to hear the training center helped!

Thanks man!
Yeah, it really worked wonders.

The doctors said that with surgery to his legs and allot of training he would be able to walk shorter distances.. but he still haven't decided if he wants to go through with it(Due to the painful operation, healing & training time.).

And i bet you will hear my dad play guitar pretty soon!
Because when my own right hand has healed up, we thought we should make a song together! :)

And i have a brother with Cerebral Palsy

I know a guy with the mildest form (he has weakness down his right-hand side), and he's one of the best jazz drummers I've ever seen. When he was a kid someone suggested he try drumming to improve his core strength and co-ordination, and he took to it really easily. When you see him behind a kit you wouldn't even know there was anything wrong with him :kickass:

Steve