The Most Metal Place on Earth

LUDMER said:
On Monday Nov 15th 2004, it was the Downtown on Long Island.
No doubt about it.

3 threads for this gig was not enough? :p ..and for the record. It was way more Metal the day after with about 1500 more metal heads. ;) ...but I'm sure you still had fun.

ND24/7 said:
3 threads for this gig was not enough? :p ..and for the record. It was way more Metal the day after with about 1500 more metal heads. ;) ...but I'm sure you still had fun.

Three threads are definitely enough. But I've seen Bodom open for bands 3 times with 1000-3500 metalheads and nothing could compare to being in a room with Bodom playing a headlining set in front of just over 350 people.

CephalicExodus said:
Three threads are definitely enough. But I've seen Bodom open for bands 3 times with 1000-3500 metalheads and nothing could compare to being in a room with Bodom playing a headlining set in front of just over 350 people.

Yeah sure..sure. Guess I was just beginning to feel nervous about a small flood of threads for this gig (when they could have been easily in one thread ...). But if I'd say the MOST metal moment...I'd think of Wacken or some other fests like that...where there's a scene. But I understand your point... it must have been really cool too...But if you're in front...it doesn't really matter how many people are behind ;) BTW...What did you like better than the last time? Personnaly...I don't really imagine a CoB gig where we can't hear that much the crowd. But I guess I can't like what I haven't tried yet!

Cheers! :headbang:

Hahah, so cause america got a headlining show, it's the most metal place on earth?

hahahah, you americans amuse the hell out of me

ND24/7 said:
Yeah sure..sure. But if I'd say the MOST metal moment...I'd think of Wacken or some other fests like that...where there's a scene. But I understand your point... But if you're in front...it doesn't really matter how many people are behind ;)

Cheers!

Well, not unless they're douchey crowdsurfers. But The Downtown is probably one of the LEAST metal places in the world. It's in the middle of fucking nowhere, in Long Island, one of the lamest most boring places in NY, and its the home of pop-punk, hardcore, and ska. True shittiness.

And I think the most metal "place" on earth would have to have been any stop on Ozzfest 04' (Black Sabbath reunion, Judas Priest reunion, Slayer...come on...) But Wacken is definitely one of the most metal places ever. If Wacken '05 is good enough, I'm gonna go.

CephalicExodus said:
And I think the most metal "place" on earth would have to have been any stop on Ozzfest 04' (Black Sabbath reunion, Judas Priest reunion, Slayer...come on...) But Wacken is definitely one of the most metal places ever. If Wacken '05 is good enough, I'm gonna go.

Yeah those reunions were cool indeed! Also...I'm definetly waiting for Wacken and Tuska's line-up. ...If my bank account can handle it... :erk:

ND24/7 said:
Yeah those reunions were cool indeed! Also...I'm definetly waiting for Wacken and Tuska's line-up. ...If my bank account can handle it... :erk:

Tuska is a good idea too, I guess it just depends who has the better lineup. Either way... Finland > Germany. I can't wait for them to announce the lineup already, but I should shut up and wait a couple more months, they typically don't announce Ozzfest lineups until March/April, because that tour is so shitty and unorganized.

CephalicExodus said:
Well, not unless they're douchey crowdsurfers. But The Downtown is probably one of the LEAST metal places in the world. It's in the middle of fucking nowhere, in Long Island, one of the lamest most boring places in NY, and its the home of pop-punk, hardcore, and ska. True

Hahaha :lol: ..at the end of the gig. The guys were shaking hands with pple in front WHEN a small fag jumped on-stage and made a hug to Janne. He was also the one you could see crowd-surfing 3-4 times per song. "I need to show my friends I can get on stage with CoB...they'll think I know them...and I'll be c00l!"

ND24/7 said:
Hahaha :lol: ..at the end of the gig. The guys were shaking hands with pple in front WHEN a small fag jumped on-stage and made a hug to Janne. He was also the one you could see crowd-surfing 3-4 times per song. "I need to show my friends I can get on stage with CoB...they'll think I know them...and I'll be c00l!"

All crowdsurfers should die. Americans have no respect for music, I think moshing/crowdsurfing is the stupidest thing in the world. Is it the same in Canada as it is here? Also...did you happen to check out the Northern Lights fest that was there? I would've cut off my left testicle and sold it to see Melechesh play.

CephalicExodus said:
All crowdsurfers should die. Americans have no respect for music, I think moshing/crowdsurfing is the stupidest thing in the world. Is it the same in Canada as it is here? Also...did you happen to check out the Northern Lights fest that was there? I would've cut off my left testicle and sold it to see Melechesh play.
Damn! At least somebody is with me that concerts are there for the music! You don't pay >$25 to fight and play around!

So are concerts in Europe more organized than in the US?

Wings of a dream said:
Damn! At least somebody is with me that concerts are there for the music! You don't pay >$25 to fight and play around!

So are concerts in Europe more organized than in the US?

Typically, yes. That's why ProgPower US is the most well organized tour in America, because it's mostly organized by people from overseas.

Getting punched in the spine and kicked in the head while attempting to enjoy a great band is not fun.

Hahahaha, you guys are funny.
For the record, this was the first thread about the Downtown.
And on Monday Nov 15th 2004, this was the most Metal place on the Fucking Planet. :p
Sure The Downtown the day before wasn't, sure PP5 or OzzFest, both of which I was at, might have been, but on Monday the 15th. at that moment, CoB at the Downtown was. :headbang:

bobvex said:
actually the post metal place on earth is a german steel factory.

hammer_and_nail.jpg