the negura bunget re-releases

genocide roach

DOOOOOOOOOOM
Aug 18, 2002
has anoyone picked them up? i'm only familiar with OM and ’N Crugu Bradului.

they re-released all 4 of these this year on lupus lounge: Maiastru Sfetnic, Zirnindu Sa, Sala Molksa, From Transilvanian Forest.

and the lupus lounge news release:
Romanian band Negura Bunget and Lupus Lounge have agreed upon an encompassing collaboration. Among other things, Lupus Lounge will re-release “From Transylvanian Forests” as well as the albums “Zirnindu-Sa”, “Maiastru Sfetnic” and “Sala Molksa” with extensive bonus material. The band is also planning a new recording of the album “Maiastru Sfetnic” featuring a traditional Transylvanian orchestra. Negura Bunget are going to fulfil their contract with the label Code666, but have voiced their trust in Lupus Lounge in that a contract on future releases after the cessation of the cooperation with Code666 has already been signed. In its music, this ambitious and challenging (their listeners as well as themselves) band unites original Black Metal atmospheres with many-layered arrangements deeply inspired by local Transylvanian spirituality and folklore. The band garnered much praise for their last two albums, “’N Crugu Bradului” and “Ôm”, and their concert audience agrees that Negura Bunget’s music is a law unto itself.

i'm eager to hear a new album from them. OM is amazing and lightyears ahead of the rest of the scene. way ahead of even the post metal scene
~gR~

I'm also interested in checking out these re-issues. Lupus Lounge seems to have poor American distribution though. It took ages for the Secrets of the Moon release to get over here.

This is one of those bands that I need to listen to again, it's been quite a long time since I did last, like with numerous other black metal bands...

i'm eager to hear a new album from them. OM is amazing and lightyears ahead of the rest of the scene. way ahead of even the post metal scene
~gR~

I've yet to listen to this album. In what sense do you mean it's lightyears ahead of the rest of the scene? is it THAT good?

I didn't know these had been re-released yet. I only need Sala Molksa and From a Transilvanian Forest to complete my collection. Have any Negura releases been pressed to vinyl?

Negurã Bunget have come a long freaking way. Back in '96 and '97 they used to play at pretty much ever metal fest in Romania. Although I was fond of them back then, I had not suspected they would become so internationally acclaimed. I feel like they've improved tremendously since "Zîrnindu-să". 'Maiastru sfetnic" is still my favorite release of theirs, although "OM" impressed me through all of its beauty contained in subtelty.