The New Album!

Rev. Clayton

The Singer
Sep 4, 2006
www.suspyre.com
Gregg posted this on the PPUSA forum, but didn't link it here. So I thought I would:

Hey everyone,

As a band that played the festival in 2009, I just thought I'd let you all know the new Suspyre self-titled album is being released through Impulse Music and is now available from their site for pre-order.

http://www.impulsemusic.com/catalog/detail.asp?id=13509

Th official release date is April 10th. Will it be on iTunes earlier? Maybe.

For more updates, "like" us on the good ol' facebook.

Thanks!

I want to personally say thanks to everyone (EVERYONE) for being patient on this album. We started recording and planning for it so long ago and somewhere in the process of it...things just got drawn out...

I'm very proud of the album and everyone's performance on it. Recording it felt different than it ever has before. I don't know if that's good or bad...but I'm happy with it.

Now I'm ready to see what the world thinks.

Enjoy. Clay.

thanks. Clay and the rest of the band, for recording what I am sure will be a fantastic musical journey. I will be ordering a physical copy in the near future and will most likely listen to it every day for at least 2 weeks.

Been listening on Spotify as well :) It's awesome! Haven't had the time to sit down and listen to it more than twice though, but I'll be buying a physical copy for sure when I have money again (which should be somewhere halfway April). Don't you just hate it when there's some month left at the end of your money? :p

I have a question for any of the Suspyre members, if they wouldn't mind...

Tracks 7, 8, and 9, where they supposed to run altogether, almost like 1 track? I have the physical copy and from the sounds at the end of 7 and the beginning of 8, and the same for 8 and 9, are quite similar. However they are broken into separate tracks on the CD. Sounds to my untrained ear that all 3 should blend.

Thanks much!

Tracks 7, 8, and 9, where they supposed to run altogether, almost like 1 track? I have the physical copy and from the sounds at the end of 7 and the beginning of 8, and the same for 8 and 9, are quite similar. However they are broken into separate tracks on the CD. Sounds to my untrained ear that all 3 should blend.

Thanks much!

Yes, the whole album was supposed to run together, but the CD duplication plant screwed it up. This is why I live by this motto: "if you want something done right, do it yourself!"

Thanks much!

7 and 8 are together. 9 may run together musically, but lyrically it is a separate song.

I think I didn't explain it well. :) On the CD there is a gap between songs 8 and 9, but it sounds to me as if the gap should not be there. I wonder if it was supposed to seamless and the label goofed, or maybe I am just crazy (very likely scenario).

Either way, it's a REALLY minor thing. Of course it has no bearing on my opinion on the CD overall. I love it. Been listening to it non-stop. Your vocals are the best of all 4 CD's I think.

I think I didn't explain it well. :) On the CD there is a gap between songs 8 and 9, but it sounds to me as if the gap should not be there. I wonder if it was supposed to seamless and the label goofed, or maybe I am just crazy (very likely scenario).

Either way, it's a REALLY minor thing. Of course it has no bearing on my opinion on the CD overall. I love it. Been listening to it non-stop. Your vocals are the best of all 4 CD's I think.

Like Clay said, musically/lyrically, they're all separate songs (except for 7 and 8; 7 was originally the intro of 8 but just too long so we separated it). There aren't supposed to be 2 second gaps on the CD (eg: the noise at the end of 8 is supposed to smoothly connect to 9), but something got flubbed between mastering and pressing.

Thanks for the explanation, Gregg. Figured as much. Like I said, though, a very, VERY minor detail. Not even an issue to be honest, just something I noticed.

Oh, and if you haven't noticed, I really dig the album. :)