The new bassist is...

Wow!
It sounds a bit strange to answer in English to a fellow Frenchman, but where did you get that from? Was she playing on the new song? If this is really the case, I've got another bass hero!
Thanks for the news!

Roxy plays the fretless bass like a possessed demon....I saw her play in Toronto on Tuesday and she covered everything without trouble!
According to a source, Roxy's only playing while Mr. Lapointe tours with Augury...

hey guys, forest joined us on stage for on song in Quebec city but he'll be busy with augury for the next little while. Rox kicked major ass every show, if anything, the biggest challenge was for her and she demolished any doubts to her bass playing after the first show. As for bass on the new song, it is Roxanne on bass.

can you ask the Frech fans if they want to see us on April 12 at the "Le Chaulnes Metal Fest" - or anywhere else for that matter. We may be in the area and we're currently looking to see if it makes sense to book some shows arround that time... I wonder where in France there would be demand for a QV show.
- b

Great news Bart, looks like you're booking some European dates?
By the way, the bass on the new song sounds awesome and very fitting as opposed to trying to be flashy on purpose, kudos to Roxy for the effort

hope to hear more new material soon!
how's the new singer at the shows, can anyone comment on that?

can you ask the Frech fans if they want to see us on April 12 at the "Le Chaulnes Metal Fest" - or anywhere else for that matter. We may be in the area and we're currently looking to see if it makes sense to book some shows arround that time... I wonder where in France there would be demand for a QV show.
- b

GOD !!!!!
I will be there !!! I'm there each year since a long time.
This festival is the best death fest in France. There are around 500 metalheads at each edition (Headliners : 2008 : Immolation - Mors Principium Est, 2007 : Obituary - Nashville pussy, 2006 : Entombed - Dismember, 2005 : Tankard - Aborted)

I don't want to annoy Kamel, the organizer, so on a lots of french metal forum, I'll simply ask the question : Do you want to see Quo Vadis in April in France ?

Have a nice show tonight, and I'll be back with french answers in a few days.

EDIT : Chaulnes is 100 km in the north of Paris and close to the highway, so, another gig in Paris is possible quickly after (not on saturday 11th ^^ it's the 1st day of the Chaulnes Metal Fest)

EDIT 2 : I also asked the question on Metalstorm.ee, a european webzine, for France and the rest of Europe.

Great news Bart, looks like you're booking some European dates?
By the way, the bass on the new song sounds awesome and very fitting as opposed to trying to be flashy on purpose, kudos to Roxy for the effort

hope to hear more new material soon!
how's the new singer at the shows, can anyone comment on that?

Hey man, we're recording trevor now actually before going out to the show tonight, I'll post some pictures. Jorgen when are you getting back from Taiwan?
-b

Hey man, we're recording trevor now actually before going out to the show tonight, I'll post some pictures. Jorgen when are you getting back from Taiwan?
-b

back to Toronto this coming Sunday, I'm supposed to work on Monday but I'll probably pull a "work from home"... :heh:
Things at work are up in the air again with our contract not being renewed, we'll see what happens!...
if you have any break time I may drag myself over to Mtl for a weekend, depends on your schedule :)
other than that I've got tickets to see Nine Inch Nails on the 14th, and a couple of other shows later on, gotta use my time while the kids are away!

back to Toronto this coming Sunday, I'm supposed to work on Monday but I'll probably pull a "work from home"... :heh:
Things at work are up in the air again with our contract not being renewed, we'll see what happens!...
if you have any break time I may drag myself over to Mtl for a weekend, depends on your schedule :)
other than that I've got tickets to see Nine Inch Nails on the 14th, and a couple of other shows later on, gotta use my time while the kids are away!

So that's why you were MIA in T.O..... Meh...Maybe we can all hook up for Xmas, eh? Unless you have plans.

SO!!!! Did you like the basslines on the new song????

SO!!!! Did you like the basslines on the new song????

absolutely!, it's like an extra guitar playing along, minus excessive masturbation hehe ... going against the Yngwie approach ( more is more ) lol
these days I tend to appreciate songwriting more than super technical unlistenable stuff ...
about Xmas, I'll let you know, are you guys going to be off or not really? :)

Listening to the new song through proper headphones, the bass sounds even better... did Bart add more solos to the song?

Hey man as much as I'd love to work on the new song right now I can't since I'm mixing the new Necronomicon and that is taking my time at the moment.
The mix on myspace if the rough I did on Oct 23 in about 2 hours.

Me neither:Smokedev: I found out from Bart three months ago.

Last night was fucking awesome...I was surprised that you played bass, I was like wtf??!!! Fucking blew me away, got a good vid of you shredding the fuck out of that bass!!!

:headbang: