The New BTBAM cover joint...

EtherForBreakfast

Hamster Style
Jun 19, 2005
this shit is ridiculous... what a band.

i think im fairly convinced they used Kranks on Kickstart My Heart. =)

They do crimson three of a perfect pair.. sounds AWESOME... this dude can actually sing really really well when he is not grunting.

Also - the new all that remains is fucking GREAT... some really nice lead work.

Almost halfway through 2006 and its turning out to be a fucking banner year for \m/

Here is a snippet of kickstart my heart... if this is NOT a Krank, I will eat 25 Habanero peppers in a row and wash them down with tabasco sauce:

http://www.jcm900.com/mp3/btks.mp3

KT - Yes I know.. but a lot of times that does not mean they are guaranteed going to use said/endorsed amp.

If that kickstart clip is any indication of a somewhat not quite properly captured Krank amp is ... that is certainly it. I would bet my grandmother on it.

This disc needs to be owned.. its very very good. BTBAM have a long future if they dont ruin it with heroin or some other such band ruiner.

It's the rack version of the Mesa Dual Rectifier. Paul, the one who writes everything, has been using it forever. The other guitarist, Dusty, is only endorsed by Krank (which he didn't even play at New England Metal Fest).

In ALL fairness.. to my esophagus and digestive tract.........

nothing is yet set in stone.... =)

dual rec rack mount, my ass!! that is a KRANK.

EtherForBreakfast said:
neither are you, but whos counting?

i said this is an example of "not quite properly captured"

I never said I'm a great guitarist or have great tone, but man, you're a fucking dickhead, that's for sure. Grow up.

Hey Paldouchio....

() () <-- My Balls .................................... your chin -- > ( :

Go back to H.C. Amp Forum, ball chin boy. I am so sorry you did not like the tone, ye who turns Engl/Mesa/5150/Bogner into steaming pile of stoner doom dung.

KT - Perhaps it is a Mesa, if ofdivinity is speaking in truths. And yes, the tone is not quite up to snuff. In fact, of all the cuts on the new cover disc this is probably the least favorable tone. I'd like to know more about the setup used. You certainly seem to be the Google King when it comes to listing the exact equipment that everybody and their mother has used on any given album. Perhaps you could work your magic, do some research and then report back to me?

EtherForBreakfast said:
this shit is ridiculous... what a band.

i think im fairly convinced they used Kranks on Kickstart My Heart. =)

They do crimson three of a perfect pair.. sounds AWESOME... this dude can actually sing really really well when he is not grunting.

Also - the new all that remains is fucking GREAT... some really nice lead work.

Almost halfway through 2006 and its turning out to be a fucking banner year for \m/

Here is a snippet of kickstart my heart... if this is NOT a Krank, I will eat 25 Habanero peppers in a row and wash them down with tabasco sauce:

http://www.jcm900.com/mp3/btks.mp3
What's BTBAM precious?

I fucking love BTBAM...but theire tone has never really been anything special. I think they always record at the same place....the rough sound is probably preferance, rather than bad gear..I think i saw some sweet gear on studio pics from the Alaska session

The guy that recorded alaska (Jaime King) DID NOT mix it . Some jackass big shot guy mixed it . Now if you check out A band called glass casket , Jaime did mix that and its day and night . Glass casket has the same drummer and one of the guitarists as BTBAM . I hate the mix of alaska . Ive been beging Jamie for his mix of alaska . But anyway i thought everyone should know that .

ncmetalshaun said:
The guy that recorded alaska (Jaime King) DID NOT mix it . Some jackass big shot guy mixed it . Now if you check out A band called glass casket , Jaime did mix that and its day and night . Glass casket has the same drummer and one of the guitarists as BTBAM . I hate the mix of alaska . Ive been beging Jamie for his mix of alaska . But anyway i thought everyone should know that .
Jamie does good work. I've never worked w/ him personally but nearly every noteworthy NC metal/hardcore band over the past 6 years has.

As to Matt Ellard who mixed Alaska, the band chose to go to him twice so they seem to like him. He also has a pretty impressive CV.