The new Dimmu Borgir has boobs on it

It makes me think of something Tyra or Runesinger said earlier in <Mythology and all that goes with it> thread. (cant find the exact citation, its such a big post ><) but rougly it gives : what a better way for christianity to rule over a pagan society than to make them belive their gods will die (Ragnarok being rewriten by monk to have the gods die)...

just my opinion..

Any elaboration? What part of the Ragnarok story was falsified by a monk?

Any elaboration? What part of the Ragnarok story was falsified by a monk?

im not saying there is a specific place in the stories that were faslified, but IMO, because its all about my opinion, i dont think a christian monk, or of whatever religion, can translate and rewrite something w/o adding, conscioulsy or inconsciouly, of his own believes, etc. it is known that christian monks put on paper the oral tradition stories of the scandinavian culture. It is also true that by that time, christians were actively converting all tribes that didnt shared their belief on one god, its son, etc....

ive tried to find the post that inspired my idea, but ive only been able to find this one as the closest : http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/amon-amarth/271306-nazism-asatru-4.html?highlight=Ragnarok#post5695933

Nah, I'm telling you, that image and original "explanation" came straight from the imagination of an early 19th century occultist and was later expanded upon by Aleister Crowley. The name "Baphomet" was first heard of in the "confessions" of the Knights Templar, but the possible sources for the name are A) Corrupted version of "Mahomet", the Latinised spelling of "Mohammed", B) Derived from the Arabic word Abufihamat which means "Father of Understanding" or C) Formed by writing backward tem. o. h. p. ab an abbreviation of templi omnium hominum pacis abbas, 'abbot' or 'father of the temple of peace of all men.'
The last explanation was the one given by the guy who drew the original picture.
But however you slice it, it's basically something totally made up and amalgamated from various would-be magician's symbols. It's about as spiritually signifigant as Superman. :p

Nah, I'm telling you, that image and original "explanation" came straight from the imagination of an early 19th century occultist and was later expanded upon by Aleister Crowley. The name "Baphomet" was first heard of in the "confessions" of the Knights Templar, but the possible sources for the name are A) Corrupted version of "Mahomet", the Latinised spelling of "Mohammed", B) Derived from the Arabic word Abufihamat which means "Father of Understanding" or C) Formed by writing backward tem. o. h. p. ab an abbreviation of templi omnium hominum pacis abbas, 'abbot' or 'father of the temple of peace of all men.'
The last explanation was the one given by the guy who drew the original picture.
But however you slice it, it's basically something totally made up and amalgamated from various would-be magician's symbols. It's about as spiritually signifigant as Superman. :p

God I hate Crowley, pulled so much shit out of his ass and so many bought it :erk: