The New England Hardcore and Metal Festival Line Officially Announced

May 16, 2006
Very Disappointing, I might consider going but, I am quite hesitant.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=67782

NEW ENGLAND METAL AND HARDCORE FESTIVAL Lineup Revealed - Feb. 26, 2007
The New England Metal and Hardcore Festival, presented by ESP Guitars & Basses and Krank Amps, is set for Friday, April 27 and Saturday, April 28 with a Friday night headline performance by Norwegian black metal sensations DIMMU BORGIR and a tribute to Metal Blade Records' 25th anniversary to cap off the festival on Saturday night.

The festival will join forces with Metal Blade this year to celebrate the label's 25th anniversary. Numerous Metal Blade bands will perform on Saturday in tribute to the long-standing, highly respected metal label, in addition to a once-in-lifetime performance that will bring together musicians from Metal Blade's stellar roster of bands.

"Metal Blade is very happy to celebrate our 25th anniversary at the legendary New England Metal and Hardcore Fest," said Metal Blade founder Brian Slagel. "We are able to have most of our roster appear at this great festival. We have always been big supporters of the NEMF and found this was the perfect way to kick off our 25th anniversary celebration."

Additional bands confirmed for Friday are:

100 DEMONS
ALL SHALL PERISH
BENEATH THE MASSACRE
BLOOD RUNS BLACK
BLOODLINED CALLIGRAPHY
BURY YOUR DEAD
DEAD HEARTS
DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR
DECEMBER AETERALI
DEVILDRIVER
KATAKLYSM
KYLESA
MERAUDER
NACHTMYSTIUM
NORA
PALEHORSE
SATYRICON
SKELETON WITCH
SKINLESS
STICK TO YOUR GUNS
STILL REMAINS
SUICIDE SILENCE
THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA
THE FACELESS
THE FUNERAL PYRE
THE HUMAN ABSTRACT
THY WILL BE DONE
WALLS OF JERICHO
:rofl:EATHSTARSx

Saturday's performers include:

ANIMOSITY
APIARY
BEYOND THE EMBRACE
CANNIBAL CORPSE
CELLADOR
DEMIRICOUS
ED GEIN
FOREVER IN TERROR
GAZA
GOATWHORE
HALLOWS EVE
I KILLED THE PROM QUEEN
IF HOPE DIES
JOB FOR A COWBOY
LIZZY BORDEN
PSYOPUS
SHAI HALUD
SINCE THE FLOOD
SONS OF AZREAL
THE ABSENCE
THE ARCHITECT
THE BLACK DAHLIA MURDER
THE DESTRO
THE NETWORK
THE RED CHORD
UNEARTH

"ESP is happy to once again support this year's New England Metal and Hardcore Festival," said Allen Steelgrave, Director of Marketing and Artist Relations, ESP Guitars. "We're proud that the majority of the bands at this year's festival will be playing ESP and LTD guitars, and we do everything we can to help support the artists who choose ESP."

Now in its ninth year, the New England Metal and Hardcore Festival has built a name as the country's premiere festival for these genres, drawing fans from across the country and around the world.

The New England Metal and Hardcore Festival take place at the Palladium, located at 261 Main Street in Worcester, Mass. Tickets will go on sale in March. The cost is $35 for a one-day pass and $65 for a two-day pass. Tickets will be available at all Strawberries and FYE Stores, online at tickets.com, or by calling 1-800-477-6849.

Further info is available at www.metalandhardcorefestival.com.

Well if it is like last year, you could actually go around 6 Pm instead of Noon and skip like 75% of the metalcore bands to see the better bands. If I was to go, I really want to go Saturday. Satyricon is good but there are a few bands on sat I would love to see like Dimmu, CC, and Cellador and a few more.

I find it so odd that such a diversity of bands are playing together. Satyricon with Job For A Cowboy?

Eh, once you heard it was a metal fest in New England, you basically knew it was going to suck. If you want good metal, you are not looking in the right place.

I went two years ago to the one day that had the most metal bands, and it really wasn't that bad. Yet ever since then the line ups have not offered anything close to the original time.

That's a bummer. The only bad I'd go there to see would be Kataklysm.

And even then, I'd really rather not go.

Hmmmm only like 5 bands that im into on the list

The Absence
Still Remains
As Blood Runs Black
Bloodlined Calligraphy
Unearth (Older stuff mucho better)

Oh noes I must be gay for liking those bands

**dons flame retardent suit**

I wish they would do some EU tours over here in america with like

CoB
Skyfire
EToS
Noumena
Kalmah etc.

Coupled with like

Illnath
Stormlord
Catamenia
Graveworm
Old Man's Child etc.

That show WOULD FUCKING KICKASS... Too bad those bands never come to america save CoB >.>

If I could go, I'd want to see:

All Shall Perish
Beneath the Massacre
Nachmystium
Satyricon
Skinless
Still Remains
The Faceless
Animosity
Cannibal Corpse
Ed Gein
Job for a Cowboy