The new girl.

Mina!

minareten
Nov 14, 2004
Uh, hey. I promise I don't stink or anything, most of the time.

I'm 19 and I live in Southern California. My favourite bands at the moment are Opeth, Ayreon, and Porcupine Tree. At the same time I'm getting onto Liquid Tension Experiment, Pain of Salvation, Aina, Office of Strategic Influence, Aghora, Abydos, Nightingale, and Ildjarn's softer stuff. I love progressive metal, but I'm always open to trying new things. And I mean everything from rap to country to mainstream pop. So I'd be much obliged if you suggested me some new music. : )

Oh, and hey. I really like Dave Caswell's stuff. That's how I got here.

:worship: oh god, you listen to such great music

i'd suggest PPO's site, but they closed it for a while.

bands I think you'll like:

Ark
Arena
Zero Hour
Dream Theater (very prog... some hate em, some love em, since you like LTE...)
Riverside (new from laser's edge, really atmospheric stuff)
Andromeda
Savatage
Devin Townsend
Evergrey
Rush
Sun Caged
Stonehenge
Star One (Arjen's other Ayreon project)
Fates Warning
Edge of Sanity and all other Dan Swano's projects
Porcupine Tree
Poverty's No Crime
Spock's Beard
Transatlantic
The Tangent (jazz fusion stuff)
7for4 (jazz fusion stuff)
Threshold
sooooooo many more

hi new girl... try black metal and some thrash as well.. suggestions below..

Dimmu Borgir
Emperor
Immortal
Bathory
Mayhem
Children of Bodom
Old Man's Child
Exodus
Satyricon

LazyGuitar said:
As much as I love Children of Bodom, calling em Black Metal will get you burned.

Oh i know that but i never said they were black metal... i consider them more speed metal and what have you.. i just made a general list of metal bands without classifying them... didnt mean for anyone to think that i was only listing BM bands.... Ive been around a few blocks since im 32 and have been on this community board since like June... and a metal fan since like the early to mid 80's... but anyways to make it official.. no, Children of Bodom are not a BM band...