The New HASTE THE DAY - Pressure the Hinges...Mixed by Machine?!

I just got the new Haste the Day CD...and I must say it's really good. It sounds quite refreshing actually. Their first (Solid State Records) CD was awesome, but it isn't something that holds my interest as much anymore...the second was meh because of the mixing (the vocals annoyed me so much) but this one with their new singer is ridiculous! Definitely something I'd recommend picking up.

I just looked on the back of the CD though and noticed that "Machine" mixed it! Now I know why it sounds so much better than the other CDs. Oddly though, my only beef is how much excess bass there is on the toms and Kick...it doesn't have a fast enough gate for me so it just lingers and makes the speakers in my car fart...Otherwise it's a killer CD!

I guess I'm just surprised that you have a CD that sounds like Lamb of God and then Haste the Days has a bass issue...then again I did see a sub kick mic on the kick drum (on the DVD) but still...

Anyone check out the CD yet? If you don't want to buy it (which you totally should) it is online..