the new trivium

Too bad they won't because they love Trivium. They also love Avenged Sevenfold. Yep, Metallica is soooo metal:rolleyes:

No way on the drumming. As bad as Lars is both live and lately in the studio, Justice has some of the most creative metal drumming put to tape.

never mind the fact that he had to punch in the double bass in Dyer's Eve ;)

Brooks said:
No way on the drumming. As bad as Lars is both live and lately in the studio, Justice has some of the most creative metal drumming put to tape.

never mind the fact that he had to punch in the double bass in Dyer's Eve ;)

Like i said ... better Drumming on the Trivium stuff ....

Lars was a studio creation always has been ... Watch the live version of And Justice stuff ... hes so off time its scary.

But I'm not talking live.... The drumming on Justice is absolutely awesome, and dont tell me Lars was a studio creation and then go on to praise Trivium... I can guarantee you that dude played less than half of that record live, especially compared to Lars in the Pre-Pro-Tools world.

Brooks said:
But I'm not talking live.... The drumming on Justice is absolutely awesome, and dont tell me Lars was a studio creation and then go on to praise Trivium... I can guarantee you that dude played less than half of that record live, especially compared to Lars in the Pre-Pro-Tools world.

Whatever dude .....lol

No way man. Ive seen them live, BOTH bands.

Metallica - Puppts tour with ozzy / And Justice with the cult / Black album with GnR

The drummer from trivium plays EVERYTHING on the album, no bullshit exactly as it is on the CD

Lars is always changing something or not playing something ... jeeuuuuzzzzzuuuzzzzz when i saw them with Suicidal tendencies in 92 he played the double kick part of One on the floor tom cause he couldnt play the double bass. not to mention the shitty little 5 piece kit that looked like it belonged in a jazz band.

When they played Dyers Eve on the And Justice tour he missed half the fills, didnt play the double bass part AT ALL, and he almost passed out at the end.

So dont give me any shit about Lars being a good drummer, It just happend that he was praised cause he was in the most popular Thrash band of the 80s.

Theres a million drummers from the 80s and 90s that slay him.

Dave Lombardo
Gene Hoglan
Vinnie Paul
Paul Bostaph (sp?)
Charlie Benate
Nick Menza
Mike Portnoy
Terry Bozzio
Steve Smith

God the list is endless

Granted he was CREATIVE with the parts he played on the And Justice album, but he cant play the shit he wrote live, and that just means Lars was always and always will be a piece of shit.

I've heard a couple of the songs, sooooo fucking awful. i could stand the stuff on ascendency or whatever but these new songs are so godawful that i can't even finish them. its like they want to be metallica and thrash metal but they fail so miserably.

Enemy242 said:
I've heard a couple of the songs, sooooo fucking awful. i could stand the stuff on ascendency or whatever but these new songs are so godawful that i can't even finish them. its like they want to be metallica and thrash metal but they fail so miserably.

I titally agree with this statement .. but the drummer comparison still stands

Last time I had to suffer through them they did a pantera cover... and the time before that, a pantera cover...

I didn't like pantera much before, and I think hearing them cover it made sure of never being able to like it.

i hope i never see them live. i hope they fall off a cliff. or they go bang their heads in some wall until they die. that would make them metal. Also donating to me their guitars, bank accounts, etc would make them EVEN more metal!

please don't make any confusions....And Justice has great drum sound,not great drumming.

edit:I remember reading an interview with Lars back in 1991,after Sepultura's Arise album came out.He said the drumming is so good he wished he was born in Brazil.Haven't gotten the idea,but that's a stupid statement conisdering in 1991 you got Human,and Sean Reinert is a revolution on that one.

blind_cynic said:
please don't make any confusions....And Justice has great drum sound,not great drumming.

You are very mistaken; If anything its the exact opposite. The production on the album is HORRID. The druming definately wasn't AMAZING, but for the time, it is definately a very influencial move.

The sound on that album is so bad, because they nummed out the bass guitar to the point where it just became a low buzzing, and the drums sound like a ticking rather than a drum.

no way,the sound of the drums is great.influential,probably because of the popularity of the band...