the new trivium

Justice is still my #1 favorite album of all time... but regardless, I still say the production sucks. The remaster is just as bad.

yeah there's no bass, the drum sound is strange, everything sounds so cold etc...you could say the production has its flaws but in a way these imperfections fit the mood of the album perfectly :Spin:

Cool, iis this another snarky "bust on Metallica/popular metal band" thread? You can never have enough of these!! For what can be more "metal" than taking shots at any and all metal bands lucky enough to flirt with the mainstream?

For the record:

Metallica rules...always has, always will

A7X...great musicians, a work in progress

Trivium...talented but overrated, still finding their way

Biomechanical...absolutely fuckin awesome!

Metallica ruled. they don''t right now, no one knows if they ever will (no one sees what tomorrow knows, to quote wd).
Metallica lately have been pretty tight, except lars and the vox (on the spot, with some obvious fuck ups).
If you didn't watch the Rock am Ring live stream, go do it, watch the metallica part. I can say on that show, hammett was the best out of them, i mean he played the master of puppets solo on the spot and with no obvious mistake for the first time since the black album tour. that is an improvement. Also they get credit for playing the whole master of puppets album. If by some divine intervention the unreleased new songs do not suck and they play old shit, justice, puppets, lightning and the new songs that don't suck, and don't tour with trivium and avenged sevenfold they may rule the world again. IT is only up to hetfield hammett and urlich to do that.

Justice is one of my favorite metal albums of all time (dare I say my favorite?).

I heard a song from the new Trivium and didn't like it at all.

NeonBlack69 said:
Cool, iis this another snarky "bust on Metallica/popular metal band" thread? You can never have enough of these!! For what can be more "metal" than taking shots at any and all metal bands lucky enough to flirt with the mainstream?

For the record:

Metallica rules...always has, always will

A7X...great musicians, a work in progress

Trivium...talented but overrated, still finding their way

Biomechanical...absolutely fuckin awesome!

whoah you live in Richmond too? :err:

lordofthesewers said:
Metallica ruled. they don''t right now, no one knows if they ever will (no one sees what tomorrow knows, to quote wd).
Metallica lately have been pretty tight, except lars and the vox (on the spot, with some obvious fuck ups).
If you didn't watch the Rock am Ring live stream, go do it, watch the metallica part. I can say on that show, hammett was the best out of them, i mean he played the master of puppets solo on the spot and with no obvious mistake for the first time since the black album tour. that is an improvement. Also they get credit for playing the whole master of puppets album. If by some divine intervention the unreleased new songs do not suck and they play old shit, justice, puppets, lightning and the new songs that don't suck, and don't tour with trivium and avenged sevenfold they may rule the world again. IT is only up to hetfield hammett and urlich to do that.
i caught the Rock Am Ring thing ... and i totally agree. Hammett slayed on it, Lars was TERRIBLE as was Hetfield ..... It still wasnt GREAT by any means ... it was OK. Arguably the best ive seen them since the Actualy Puppets Tour ... but still they are done and over .... no sence in beating a dead horse

guitarguru777 said:
Lars is always changing something or not playing something ... jeeuuuuzzzzzuuuzzzzz when i saw them with Suicidal tendencies in 92 he played the double kick part of One on the floor tom cause he couldnt play the double bass. not to mention the shitty little 5 piece kit that looked like it belonged in a jazz band.

When they played Dyers Eve on the And Justice tour he missed half the fills, didnt play the double bass part AT ALL, and he almost passed out at the end.

So dont give me any shit about Lars being a good drummer, It just happend that he was praised cause he was in the most popular Thrash band of the 80s.

Theres a million drummers from the 80s and 90s that slay him.

Dave Lombardo
Gene Hoglan
Vinnie Paul
Paul Bostaph (sp?)
Charlie Benate
Nick Menza
Mike Portnoy
Terry Bozzio
Steve Smith

God the list is endless

Granted he was CREATIVE with the parts he played on the And Justice album, but he cant play the shit he wrote live, and that just means Lars was always and always will be a piece of shit.
+1