the Night and the Silent Water live

Advent1

Feb 19, 2006
usa
I found this video of it on youtube, the quality is excellent. Too bad it cuts a bit short. I dont think its been posted here before...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Efc-NNx8Gac

Sorry if posting youtube links are not allowed, just remove the link then.

Oh...and why do they not like to play it live?? :erk: :lol:

1. I don't think anyone has posted this before, at least I haven't seen it before, awesome :kickass:

2. Youtube links ARE certainly allowed, there is even a vbcode which you can use to embed them in your posts...

[ youtube ]*[ /youtube ]

* this is where you add the number/letter combination at the end of the video url which starts after the = sign
* make sure to remove the spaces

Oh...and why do they not like to play it live??
check the faq

It's all glitchy when I watch...think I'll try later. But thanks, very cool. Very surprising to hear them play it.

Excellent..... would have been a bit better if Martin kept to the original drums... which were fantastic.

I'd probably kill someone to see them play a Morningrise set.

Here it is, for your comfortability, thanks for letting me know 'bout the youtube feature

Last edited by a moderator:
love that track man, probably my all time fav with Dirge for novenber.

Nice I didn't know they ever played it live. And to answer your question, the reason they do not play it live is because it is Mikael and Peter's least favorite Opeth song, Mikael wrote it about his grandfather that died at the time of Morningrise.

unbelievable. I saw them play that in NYC at the Chronology. It was beyond words. Quite easily the greatest show and night of my life, thus far.

I think the song hasn't the same feeling because of the lack of acoustic guitars. Great performance nevertheless, one of my favourite tracks...