Night and the Silent Water Live

Yeah, it did. "People only like it because it's long," he said. Which is wrong, I like it because that section from about 9:30-15:00 is one of the best things ever written, and the outro makes me tingle in my giblets.
isn't that when he asked the audience what it was and a few shouted out and he called them "fucking nerds"?

I lolled
Yeah, it was Lady Fantasy. Rather stupidly I thought for a moment they'd swing into that, and was more excited at that prospect than at the thought of them playing any of their own stuff... except possibly The Night and the Silent Water, because I'm such a big Morningrise fanboy. Shame that from where I was standing I barely heard a note from Peter's guitar, but luckily I know the song so well I added his part in my head and all was well. Love that final section.

Reactions: Braighs
I'm hoping they never play BRI live, considering it's one of their worst songs and takes up a large amount of time that could be better spent playing 2 better ones

I love the song live and on the record! It's just plain amazing.

I really loved the part "You sleep in the light..." part, because live he growls it. When I was watching it, I said to myself, "Hm... I bet Per and Mike are going to sorta whisper it... OMG That is way better!"

Just awesome...

Shame that from where I was standing I barely heard a note from Peter's guitar, but luckily I know the song so well I added his part in my head and all was well. Love that final section.

Does this mean you were near where i was standing? I was up on the boxes to the right of the stage (as you look at it). I could barely hear Peter at all, especially his solos on when and deliverance.

Does this mean you were near where i was standing? I was up on the boxes to the right of the stage (as you look at it). I could barely hear Peter at all, especially his solos on when and deliverance.
Yeah I was near there, further around to the right at the top of the two steps that lead up to the bar. The first time I saw Opeth I was on Peter's side though and I could still barely hear him.

Yeah I was near there, further around to the right at the top of the two steps that lead up to the bar. The first time I saw Opeth I was on Peter's side though and I could still barely hear him.

Heh, you may have noticed 4 casually dressed guys in their early thirtees, with short hair, that totally looked out of place in a metal crowd. I was the meaty fella wearing glasses.

Ah yes. Your group came and stood in front of me and my friend during Paradise Lost and totally blocked my friend's view. :p I'm a lanky bastard so I was fine. To get onto the boxes you squeezed past a tall thin bloke in a light grey Pink Floyd t-shirt who was leaning on the steps up to the balcony. That was me in the process of being not particularly bothered by Paradise Lost.

Ah yes. Your group came and stood in front of me and my friend during Paradise Lost and totally blocked my friend's view. :p I'm a lanky bastard so I was fine. To get onto the boxes you squeezed past a tall thin bloke in a light grey Pink Floyd t-shirt who was leaning on the steps up to the balcony. That was me in the process of being not particularly bothered by Paradise Lost.

*smirks* apologios.

I heard Peter well and you could tell it was important to the quality of the song. It was my favourite track on Morningrise for a long time so it was nice to hear.
I don't love BRI because it's long, I love it because it has more beauty in it's acoustic parts than any other Opeth song, and it gets really fuckin evil and heavy at times aswell. The riff at about 13 in also happens to be their most emotional heavy riff, to me. It would probably be my favourite if it wasn't disjointed at times.