The Night and the Silent Water

Roundhouse is one of the best live albums I've heard recently. When and TNATSW both sound more powerful live than on the albums. The growling at the end of TNATSW gives it more emotion, to my ears. But the whispers in the original are more haunting. Also in When, at "Graven face, she said my name", keeping the deeper growls with that one little line, I feel the emotion more for some reason. Every time that line pops up in When and the finale of TNATSW is playing, the hairs on the back of my neck stand up!

All of Roundhouse is amazing. Face Of Melinda could've been a little more delicate in parts, however...sorry Axe...:oops:

no worries anarchy420 but yes i love that song soo much and MORNINGRISE IS MY FAVORITE OPETH RECORD.

i agree with you, i totally love the "you sleep" part in the live version, on the album it just sounds like a heavy whisper. hehe, when can we scream instead of whisper? anyway look guys, i'm sorry for being dumb and making stupid posts, i just don't have that many outlets in which to interact with other people, which is something i'm not very good at to begin with. i may not be able to go to shows or buy albums but i'm just as much of an opeth fan as the rest of you, if not more, so umm, i'll try to behave. sorry once again.

on a personal note: on this forum you come across as pretty self-pitying and unhappy. stop smoking weed and you'll feel better, that stuff does nothing for people who want to feel sad.

on a personal note: on this forum you come across as pretty self-pitying and unhappy. stop smoking weed and you'll feel better, that stuff does nothing for people who want to feel sad.

+1.

i am sorry for talking about my personal problems on this forum, i never should have done so to do begin with, and i apologize. i promise that from now on, any post i make here will only be about opeth, and how much they fucking rock.

in my own defense, however, this particular thread was merely my personal appreciation for an awesome song. some people seemed to object to some of what i said and although i respect their own individual opinions, i don't necessarily agree with them. that is all.

i am sorry for talking about my personal problems on this forum, i never should have done so to do begin with, and i apologize. i promise that from now on, any post i make here will only be about opeth, and how much they fucking rock.

in my own defense, however, this particular thread was merely my personal appreciation for an awesome song. some people seemed to object to some of what i said and although i respect their own individual opinions, i don't necessarily agree with them. that is all.

Yeah, well we're all human after all. Does it really matter if it goes a bit off-topic sometimes? I doubt. And, as I've already stated, I don't like the hatefull atmosphere of this forum, it used to be better in the past (before I joined, two-three years back.)

i smokeded the wacky weed once or twice, but left me feeling very lonely and shittie after a while, so i stopped. so much better :p

:zombie:

Yeah, I smokeded it too, but I stoppeded because it made my wallet feel very lonely after a while! The stuff ain't cheap.

:Smokin:

Its almost like it steals form you without you knowing, then you realise after, and your like....hey that weed just took my last $25

i'm just a newbie wanting to join the group. i'm not good with words or with people. but i know what music i like, and pretty much all i like is opeth, so i was kind of hoping that i could fit in here somehow. i'm sorry for everything. and yet i regret nothing. whatever. you sleep in the light, yet the night and the silent water still so dark.

lmao, you are stoned out your mind yo!!

this thread is actually pretty funny... but not as funny as the ol BLAKS METALS REBEL