The Night Flight Orchestra

This album is pure awesome. On paper it sounds like an odd mix at best (Speed + 70's classic rock??). But thankfully we don't judge music what we think it will sound like on paper. The hooks on this album are undeniable. After one listen I had a ton of the music stuck in my head. I really don't even have much reverence for the sound they are going for here (I like a a good amount of that classic rock, but I am not exactly itching for that sound to return), but as I said before the songs are solid. Do yourself a favor and check out a stream of the album or some tracks on Youtube, you won't be disappointed.

In my top 5 releases of 2012 along with Graveyard "Lights Out", Jess And the Ancient Ones debut, To-Mera "Exile", and Effloresce "Coma Ghosts". Infectious, genuine, and a whole lot of fun! This has been a great year for quality retro.

I love this song for how perfectly it fits the period it's inspired by. I'm also a huge Strid fanboy. Him doing purely clean work is something I've wanted to hear for a while, and this vindicates that desire. So freakin catchy, too!

It's an interesting experiment, and I did find a couple of the songs enjoyable, but I would never buy it or put it on my ipod.