the northern cold

stevenfurgiuele

The Godfather
Apr 7, 2007
stwea2.jpg

DG wasnt kidding. everything in our city is closed today. will post pics of 'blashyrk' when i can

it rained and was +6 celsius yesterday and now with the windchill today its -27 celsius. so everything froze over

Abbath.jpg

I have a Cold Day...wind chill is -25 Fahrenheit. There isn't much snow but school is closed because of the cold and because the roads iced over.

I'll post some pictures from the other day later.

photo.php

"Raiden, wins."

Hahaha that was awesome.

^ You're lucky you had those Jessica. My high school closed for the first time in 25 years last year because of all the snow, haha. There would be like 2 feet some days, and it wouldn't matter.

On a side note, yeah, its freaking freezing here (London ON). I actually walked out my door and threw on December in Windsor and it fit the freezing absolutely perfectly, as did Trillium. The wind was and is deathly. There was this massive gust around 1 am last night and not only did the house shake, my bed shook, it was nuts.

Eh, I don't miss the cold too often, but some snow now and again would be nice...

I think the school system where I live in South Carolina has had more snow day cancellations in the 6 years I've been here than the previous 30 years in Seattle/Colorado/North Dakota...:lol:

Hahaha that was awesome.

^ You're lucky you had those Jessica. My high school closed for the first time in 25 years last year because of all the snow, haha. There would be like 2 feet some days, and it wouldn't matter.

Haha, well I grew up in a small Northern Ontario town where being completely snowed in and -40 temperatures were not uncommon in the dead of winter!

Oh, if only winter was like in the old days (10-20 years ago) when there was (almost) a guarantee that it would snow! This winter I haven´t seen one fucking inch of snow!!!
We´re gonna get a pretty fierce storm tomorrow though, I hear. And it´s a north-south wind so the whole country is probably gonna be put to a halt, coz all our major bridges span east-west...

I miss school snow days. . . work never closes!

Its ironic because we haven't had a snow day in like...5 years but both this year and last year we had a Cold day. There was another day this year where every school in southern WI except our district was closed. It literally took me 15 minutes to walk the 2 and a half blocks to school, thats how cold and snowy it was.

Pictures from the other day:
I'm standing on a frozen river to take this one...

n1598700410_30168580_358.jpg

Actually, thats the only photo I took that really shows the winter here.

Mods, please rename this thread to 'The Thread Dedicated To Making Chris Doig Really Jealous Because He Lives In Australia And It Never Snows In Melbourne'

I told this to Trows in a totally different forum on a different site, but I'll tell it to you too:

HEY AUSTRALIA: FIX YOUR SEASONS. ITS WINTER RIGHT NOW, NOT SUMMER. GET WITH THE FUCKIN' PROGRAM.

WATCH THIS!!!

http://soonews.ca/viewarticle.php?id=15751

In reference to "Through Chaos and Solitude I Came..."
OPP (Ontario Provincial Police) closed Highway 17 north and east

Conditions are expected to improve over the next 24 hours, as the city begins to dig out from what is believed to be the worst winter storm in almost 20 years.

Worst storm in 20 years? Gates of fucking Winter, indeed!

quite the day
you know it's badass when traffic lights are ripped off from wind!
EPIC!

worthy of a song.. for GOW2.. :p