the northern cold

DAMN.
In Windsor we barely had any snow this year. We had a big storm a few week ago, but it rained the other day and melted all the snow. It has been REALLY FUCKING COLD though.

Well, it looks like we're about to get nailed tonight and tomorrow with the snow. Let's hope this time it doesn't get warm and melt two days later...

DAMN.
In Windsor we barely had any snow this year. We had a big storm a few week ago, but it rained the other day and melted all the snow. It has been REALLY FUCKING COLD though.

^ Yeah, I'm about two hours away from you, thats apparently supposed to hit tonight (like, right now?) So far no signs though. And yeah, I hope it doesn't get warm either, I don't think its supposed to. I wouldn't mind waking up to some uber-gr1m conditions though.

Here in Northern Alberta it was about -54 with the wind chill (-46 C) and lower from the 29th until just about 2 days ago.

I still had to go to work despite the fact that it hurt to breath the second I got out of the truck.

I have my second day off from school in 2 weeks.

We've got about a foot of snow on the ground now, snowing since midnight with no signs of stopping. (2 PM now local time.)

Its gotten worse since 3 hours ago...University canceled all afternoon/evening classes, there's a Snow Emergency, all "non-essential" state offices are closed, everything is shut down and the people on the news say absolutely don't leave your house.

Its also the largest single-day snowfall in 15 years, and we're four inches away from the record yearly snowfall of 76.4 cumulative inches.