The Now Viewing Thread: (Film etc...)

last night i watched the movie flightplan. it was a fun watch even with the amount of plot holes and everything, heh.

tonight or one of the coming nights im going to be watching "Koyaanisqatsi". i don't know if any of you have heard of it or seen it, but it's a documentary with no conventional plot that shows scenes around the world of "life out of balance" (this is what the word koyaanisqatsi means). anyways, i'm not good at descriptions, check it out for yourselves: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085809/

looking forward to watching that one.

Pale-Folklore said:
tonight or one of the coming nights im going to be watching "Koyaanisqatsi".
Good choice. "Powaqatsi" ain't bad, either. And both soundtracks are great. I haven't seen nor heard "Naqoyqatsi" yet.

i watched it last night, and it was great (especially liked the music). it was all amazingly done, and some parts were actually kind of eerie, like the scene where they showed all of the abandoned apartment buildings with the broken windows.

i read that naqoyqatsi doesn't live up to the other two.

Pale-Folklore said:
i watched it last night, and it was great (especially liked the music). it was all amazingly done, and some parts were actually kind of eerie, like the scene where they showed all of the abandoned apartment buildings with the broken windows.

i read that naqoyqatsi doesn't live up to the other two.

These films are really beautiful but can be trying on the paitience at times...I guess you just have to be in the right mood for them.

FUBAR said:
These films are really beautiful but can be trying on the paitience at times...I guess you just have to be in the right mood for them.
I get that with "2001: A Space Odyssey". The scene where the craft travels faster than light was so tedious I even got bored in fast forward mode. Of course that's the kind of thing you're not supposed to say simply because it's a so-called classic. :rolleyes: Not that I really mind, obviously. Kubrick must have been doing a bit too much LSD during the making of that movie, ha.

Speaking of which, I might add I've always felt "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" is one of those movies you enjoy much more when under the influence of a fair amount of ale. That one is simply too wicked! In a positive sense of the word.

Yes I know, I seem to contradict myself with my judgement of the two aforementioned movies. As long as it makes sense to me I guess I'll be fine.

Most recent movie i saw was run ronny run, a whole film based on a mr. show character. it was actually pretty funny, worth the time if you like stupid comidies.

my two cents on Headbangers Journy, well put together film that doesnt include to much opinion, it pretty much presents facts and info about metal in a straight forward way, yes, it leaves things out, but hey, id rather watch a well put together two hour documentary then a rambling 4 or 5 hour event. also the extra interviews with lemmy are pretty hilarious.

Watched Jay And Silent Bob strike back the other day, again. That movie is hilarious, havn't seen Clerks 2 yet.

I saw Clerks 2 the day it came out...I was the only one in the theater.

Lately I've been into the Japanese movies. I watched Ichi the Killer and Audition, and then I tried to watch Visitor Q but it didn't have subtitles so I didn't really know what the fuck was going on.

I also watched Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer. It's a good, "real" account of how monstrous some people can be.

does anyone here like any japanese anime movies?

i haven't seen enough of them to consider myself a "true fan" or whatever, but there are some really great ones that i've seen or own. grave of the fireflies, princess mononoke, akira, spirited away.. all wonderful.

I love most anime movies. Grave of the Fireflies is really fucking sad. Princess Monoke, Akira, Spirited Away... yeah, I love all those movies. You may want to check out Steam Boy, its done by the guy who made Akira. Its a really interesting movie and the technology in it is amazing. I kinda call it Science Fantasy, cause its like... 1800s with insanely cool science things. Fun movie. If you enjoyed Grave of the Fireflies you may also enjoy Millenium Actres. Its a good movie that I personally think it is best made as an anime even if it had the chance to be made as a real movie. Hmm... Karas was just really cool, all it basicly was was a crazy cool action movie... Yeah.

OH! If you like those movies you have to watch Cowboy Bebop. Either the show, or the movie. Especailly the show though.

Actually I watched that the other day! Highlights for me were definitely the interviews with Gaahl and Mayhem. I can't even remember what Necrobutcher was swearing his head off at, now. Hehe. I could nitpick at various bits of the movie but I can't be arsed right now. :p

As for anime I tend to only like Miyazaki's stuff, but also some of Katsuhiro Otomo's movies too. Although one of my all-time favourite anime movies is Wings of Honneamise (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093207), fairly old (1987) and most people complain it's too slow and boring... but fuck em, it's a beautiful movie.

Midnight In Winter said:
I watched Silent Hill the movie the other day. I was surprised at how well done the movie was done, and how true it stayed to the games. A true masterpiece. Thank god it wasn't made by this asshole

http://imdb.com/name/nm0093051/

lol Everyone hates that poor fella! Theres online petitions to stop him making anymore films...Apparently hes has gotten so tired of the negative press that he made an open invitation to fly critics over and have a boxing match with him...

Oh Yeah I saw this great film called 'Severance' its was a top notch horror comedy...gd stuff!

Obsidiansound said:
Deathklok !!! This stuff is hillarious. check it out on youtube if you havent seen it already. :headbang:

Deathklok Metalocalypse looks hilarious. I wish I had the cartoon network damnit.

Also, Uwe Boll deserves negative attention in the media. He used prostitutes in lieu of actresses because they were cheaper.