The Official Trollology Thread

Black Tears said:
We're all on a neverending quest to acquire knowledge about trolls due to our insatiable curiosity about this beautiful yet malign creatures of unholy realms.
Post any first hand experiences, interesting facts, art work (including poetry, prose, drawings, etc) about trolls.

Once upon a time there was a troll, who had settled under a bridge, which led over a river.
Was it the troll who had drawn the river-channel right here so that the swelling waters could flow through the forest and the land?
No, it wasn’t him.
Was it the troll who had built the bridge, which led from one side of the river to the other?
No, he hadn’t done that either.
However, the troll thought — exactly like other trolls who happen to live under bridges — that it was only his river and especially his bridge alone.
Now he sat there under the bridge and waited for somebody to pass by.
He didn’t have to wait for long.
Now, a thin little goat, the youngest of the Bruse kids, thought that the grass on the other side of the river was much juicier and better than on his own side. Probably he was right.
Because he did not want to swim he went to the bridge.
The troll heard the goat’s tripping little steps and appeared form his hiding place.
"Whose that tripping on my bridge?" he screamed.
"It’s only me," said the little goat Bruse.
"Then I will come and eat you," said the troll and showed his ugly teeth.
"No, don’t do that," said the little goat Bruse.
"Don’t eat me, eat my brother, he is much fatter and better than I."
The troll looked suspiciously at the little goat, which — to be honest — looked quite weak and tasteless.
"I guess I will do that," said the troll and crawled back under the bridge.
He was sitting there and mumbled to himself when he heard clattering steps on the bridge.
"Who’s that clattering on my bridge?" shouted the troll and leaped out.
"It’s only me," said the middle goat Bruce, because it was him, and he always told the truth.
"Ah, you are the goat which I intend to eat up," said the troll, satisfied.
"I see," said the middle goat Bruse.
"If you do so, you are stupid, because the big goat Bruse will soon be coming after me. And he is much juicier than I."
"And how do I know that he will definitely come?" asked the troll.
For trolls who live under bridges often consider themselves to be terribly clever.
"Because us goats like to eat grass, you can see that for yourself, can’t you?" answered the middle goat and so he hurried over the bridge.
So back went the troll and sat under the bridge and waited for the big goat Bruse. In the meantime, it suddenly started to sound as if thunder was rumbling directly over the bridge.
"Who’s that rumbling on my bridge?" asked the troll and looked cautiously out from under the bridge.
On the bridge he saw what he imagined to be the big goat Bruse,
even though the goat didn’t say anything.
"You I will eat ," said the troll and began to crawl out from his hiding place.
"Will you?" said the big goat Bruse. Then he did not say anything more, instead he just took the troll with his two sharp horns and threw him up into the air so that the troll flew for three whole days and three whole nights until he finally landed in a juniper-bush!
- Rumours about what had happened to the troll under the bridge
spread to all the other trolls who guard bridges
and they started to become more than worried. -

troll4.jpg

That drawing of yours reminded me of Three Billy Goats Gruff.
My mom used to tell me this story and i still remember i could not wait untill she got to the latest goat because i knew he would defeat the hairy monster! I even jumped up and cheered hooray! for the big goat because he was so brave! Nevertheless, i was very afraid of the troll under the bridge. I once even cried out, because all of a sudden, i realised i did not have an older brother and i didn't wanted to be eaten by a troll!
So my mom told me:
" Don't be silly, there are no bridges on your way to school, so you certainly won't find any trolls here! "
That was logical enough to me then, so i accepted.
Back now? I'm glad she never killed the myth.

Iris said:

Once upon a time there was a troll, who had settled under a bridge, which led over a river.
Was it the troll who had drawn the river-channel right here so that the swelling waters could flow through the forest and the land?
No, it wasn’t him.
Was it the troll who had built the bridge, which led from one side of the river to the other?
No, he hadn’t done that either.
However, the troll thought — exactly like other trolls who happen to live under bridges — that it was only his river and especially his bridge alone.
Now he sat there under the bridge and waited for somebody to pass by.
He didn’t have to wait for long.
Now, a thin little goat, the youngest of the Bruse kids, thought that the grass on the other side of the river was much juicier and better than on his own side. Probably he was right.
Because he did not want to swim he went to the bridge.
The troll heard the goat’s tripping little steps and appeared form his hiding place.
"Whose that tripping on my bridge?" he screamed.
"It’s only me," said the little goat Bruse.
"Then I will come and eat you," said the troll and showed his ugly teeth.
"No, don’t do that," said the little goat Bruse.
"Don’t eat me, eat my brother, he is much fatter and better than I."
The troll looked suspiciously at the little goat, which — to be honest — looked quite weak and tasteless.
"I guess I will do that," said the troll and crawled back under the bridge.
He was sitting there and mumbled to himself when he heard clattering steps on the bridge.
"Who’s that clattering on my bridge?" shouted the troll and leaped out.
"It’s only me," said the middle goat Bruce, because it was him, and he always told the truth.
"Ah, you are the goat which I intend to eat up," said the troll, satisfied.
"I see," said the middle goat Bruse.
"If you do so, you are stupid, because the big goat Bruse will soon be coming after me. And he is much juicier than I."
"And how do I know that he will definitely come?" asked the troll.
For trolls who live under bridges often consider themselves to be terribly clever.
"Because us goats like to eat grass, you can see that for yourself, can’t you?" answered the middle goat and so he hurried over the bridge.
So back went the troll and sat under the bridge and waited for the big goat Bruse. In the meantime, it suddenly started to sound as if thunder was rumbling directly over the bridge.
"Who’s that rumbling on my bridge?" asked the troll and looked cautiously out from under the bridge.
On the bridge he saw what he imagined to be the big goat Bruse,
even though the goat didn’t say anything.
"You I will eat ," said the troll and began to crawl out from his hiding place.
"Will you?" said the big goat Bruse. Then he did not say anything more, instead he just took the troll with his two sharp horns and threw him up into the air so that the troll flew for three whole days and three whole nights until he finally landed in a juniper-bush!
- Rumours about what had happened to the troll under the bridge
spread to all the other trolls who guard bridges
and they started to become more than worried. -

troll4.jpg

That drawing of yours reminded me of Three Billy Goats Gruff.
My mom used to tell me this story and i still remember i could not wait untill she got to the latest goat because i knew he would defeat the hairy monster! I even jumped up and cheered hooray! for the big goat because he was so brave! Nevertheless, i was very afraid of the troll under the bridge. I once even cried out, because all of a sudden, i realised i did not have an older brother and i didn't wanted to be eaten by a troll!
So my mom told me:
" Don't be silly, there are no bridges on your way to school, so you certainly won't find any trolls here! "
That was logical enough to me then, so i accepted.
Back now? I'm glad she never killed the myth.

Hah! Nice story.