The original version of "Intermezzo"

Gurgelguff

Rock tonajt
Nov 17, 2001
Sweden
www.dagswano.st
Alright folks ! It´s my turn to put my ass on the line. Here´s the original version of "Intermezzo". Sung in Swedish and recorded on a fourtrack recorder 14 years ago with my guitar and a Casio SK-1 sampler ( Dan´s first ! ). The strange backward sound is a strange backward sound ! I don´t remember how i did it. The lyric is from the same guy who wrote the lyrics to P.T.M: Khaaoos. Go to my homepage: www.come.to/tomnouga and go to the newssection or take the link "Här" Enjoy !

Aha, that's the origin! Sounds well for a 4track recording. Intersting. It's faster and in a higher ... how to say it in english? ... äh.. notesystem. :confused:
Hard to sing, wasn't it?
Dag, please tell us if there are more tracks around that have an older origin. Besides "Intermezzo" I know it from Alonely and Alone. Fordz, right?

And thanks, yesterdays the Cd's arrived. They rock! Tell you about them in a mail in the next days.

rock hard

Markus

..Pitch is the word ! We play this arrangement live so i´m givin´Dan a hard time !

Older stuff:

"Alone" is from a Fordz track called "Tint gör ont"

"Intermezzo" is "Fontaien"

"The game" -89 was formerly a T.N track called "Strix Nebulosa"
"Alonely" -83 was "Kajor"
"Drowning in sadness" -90 was "Balladen om Marulk"
"Dead or alive" -83 was "Vackra saker"
"Journey´s end"( The heavy end section ) from -81 and a track called "Nattensvalv"l

Mabye i´ll upload some of them sometime

Can´t he write any new songs ? Well, i can and on the next album i´ll have some brand new stuff. Why waste good, ol´tracks ?

Hi everyone..

I have just recovered from the schock when my pretty lenghty and inspired "current update" simply got lost in the "uploading" to the page because the picture I wanted to attach was too big....anyway...this version rocks and rules and everything inbetween. I believe that the sound is electric bass backwards...on the legendary MT2X!!! Anyway...I will have to get back to my Bloodbath mixing..see ya all...

D

My memory came back ! !
Aria bass with a preset from the legendary Yamaha R100 ( 39 ? ) played
backwards on the, even more, legendary MT2X ( with Maxell II gold tapes ) and the played again thru the Alesis Microverb with a gate preset. Don´t forget the worlds first digital Ibanez chorus.........ahh ! Those were the days. Almost the same gear that "Unicorn" used to mix.....was it the "collection" demo ?

Unicorn used the Midiverb 2!!! Edge of Sanity recorded the first demo using the very same equipment. I still recall driving to Lillänga to pick it up.. We ran the snaredrum directly thru the R100 and got a really good snaresound, don't know whow..but it was really above standard....I get worse these days!! Maybe I should ge the 2nd hand R100 from Börsen and use it on everything always!!!?? Or maybe I will wait until the ProTools plug in comes....!!!;)

When i fixed "Fontaien" i checked out some other stuff from that period and i had a mean basssound, also thru the R100 ! It´s revaluate time for the R100, somewhere in the closet

Cat lady and Unicorn

Glad you like the original. I think it´s pretty charming. I was in an emotional trauma at the time ( love) and i still feel the vibes in my voice ( The lyric is´nt about it )and the freezing cold winter outside.

Very cool! Thanks for uploading that! And Dan always seems to have funny production stories (The LOTFP interview is already a classic!)