The Panic Room, Wall of Doom!

Beautiful. I still want/need a shelf for my amps, and as you said there are no commercial ones really. I'm also in contact with a carpenter / studio desk designer, but I am afraid of the price already :/
I want the amp-shelf to look more like a rack/desk and place it across from my studio desk (you know, like those big racks behind the engineer) because I have no room left at the walls. Originally I planned to get a speaker patchbay and some unit to "patch" the amps, too but it was way too epensive. The Radial JD-7 looks great but it's ridiculously overpriced imho.

Looks like the air dissipation will be good enough to me. You know I have my amp in a touring rack and there is even less space around it...

rack.jpg

Great selection of amps Plec :headbang:

I've been thinking for ages to make some rack shelfs like those but with wheels to move the amps between the control room and the recording room.
Although a carpenter always told me that it was easy and didn't need any special reinforced shelfs, I was always worried about the shelfs bending and possibly braking with the amps weight :(

Do you know what's the thickness of the shelfs, and how they're attached to the sides?