THE PRETTY RECKLESS Singer TAYLOR MOMSEN Doesn't Know If Proposed Acoustic Album Is G

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
THE PRETTY RECKLESS appears to have abandoned its plans to record an acoustic album, explaining that they have been too busy touring to find the time to work on the set. THE PRETTY RECKLESS singer Taylor Momsen first talked about making an acoustic CD last year, telling a North Carolina radio station that the band had recorded "an acoustic version of a medley." She added: "It's how we originally wrote the songs, so it's kind of an inside take, or look, into how [THE PRETTY RECKLESS' latest album] 'Going To Hell' actually started. 'Cause everything started acoustically." But in a new interview with Brandon Woolum from Huntington, West Virginia's WAMX, Momsen revealed that there has been "no update" on the proposed acoustic release. She explained (hear audio below): "I don't know if [the acoustic album is] actually gonna happen; it's been so chaotic. It's something I wanted to do, but we just haven't had the time to actually do it." Momsen also spoke about the progress of the songwriting sessions for the follow-up to "Going To Hell". She said: "I'm always jotting down ideas, but I tend to not really write on the road, 'cause you're never by yourself and I require isolation. So the real meat of the material [comes together] when I get home, after [all the touring] is done. But [there is] no pressure; I think just 'self pressure,' but not… We make something that we like and hope other people like it too. It's kind of what we always do." THE PRETTY RECKLESS released its debut album, "Light Me Up", in 2010 and followed it up with "Going To Hell". "Going To Hell" has yielded three No. 1 rock radio hits with "Heaven Knows", "Messed Up World" and "Follow Me Down", making THE PRETTY RECKLESS the first female-fronted act to have its first three singles both hit the top spot. Interview (audio):

More...