The ProgPower Official Interviews Begin - What's YOUR question?!

AngraRULES

Aug 1, 2002
Visit site
Hey guys,

Zod and I are soon going to begin our interview process for this year's ProgPower USA Official Program. We had some very great and useful questions submitted by the forum users last year that made to the final interview. As usual, we appreciate all of the input, so again, is there anything that YOU want to know in particular about ANY of the bands performing this year?

Thanks a lot! =)

Milton & Greg

This is a serious question, regardless of how sarcastic this might sound, because it isn't........

For SANCTUARY:
"Why now for a reunion? Is it the resurgence of popularity of traditional metal which has sparked the desire to perform again as SANCTUARY?"

I know therion have played classical music before but it wasn't released on cd (i don't think).

Any chances of there being an album similar to that? Perhaps a Therion take on classical music..... If that makes sense O_O

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks already guys!

Anything you guys want to know from While Heaven Wept? The interview might actually take place this weekend!

I feel like you could ask Tom from WHW "What's up? How's it going?" and get back a 45-minute monologue on Tom's worldview and musical philosophy. :p

You should ask everybody what they think about Angra!

I feel like you could ask Tom from WHW "What's up? How's it going?" and get back a 45-minute monologue on Tom's worldview and musical philosophy. :p

You should ask everybody what they think about Angra!

:lol::lol:

I hear you. My emails with Tom are awesome, exactly because of that. There's already so much in those that I could use for the interview it's not even funny!!

Plus, I thought it was already understood by everyone that Angra is awesome and loved by all human beings. :lol: :tickled: :lol:

I know therion have played classical music before but it wasn't released on cd (i don't think).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CO5j41idILQ

Any chances of there being an album similar to that? Perhaps a Therion take on classical music..... If that makes sense O_O

Therion+-+The+Miskolc+Experience+(2009).jpg

The Miskolc Experience, from 2009

If your latest album was released in the 1980s, how any units do you think it would have sold?

This could be directed to any band.

If your latest album was released in the 1980s, how any units do you think it would have sold?

This could be directed to any band.

Sanctuary's Refuge Denied was released in 1988. ;) Just to make you pleased, it sold 300,000 worldwide. But in all honesty, that's an interesting question, especially for certain bands. Be prepared to hear a "I don't think it would sell as well as it did in the 2000s," considering some of the styles.

For WHW: are you surprised to be playing at a progressive/power metal festival after playing doom festivals and a European run with Primordial and Alcest? People comment that you're hardly a doom metal band any more - do you describe yourselves as fitting into a certain genre, or do you actively avoid labeling yourselves?

I hope I'm not too late with a question for While Heaven Wept. I'd like to hear Tom elaborate on this question: What makes the Virginia scene what it is today? There are a number of individually outstanding bands from the area: While Heaven Wept, Brave, Division, Twisted Tower Dire, etc., and Jaxx has established itself as the place on the east coast for all metal bands to play. How did all of this come to be?

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

Sort of a simple multi-question for Therion. A couple years ago you said you would never play in the US again, yet here you are headling Progpower USA XII. What is it about this festival that made you want to come back for this US exclusive? Also, what does it mean for you to now be able to headline the fest as opposed to the previous time where you were the lead-in?

I'm traveling over 700 miles to see the Arcturus re-union! Some obvious questions I'd like to see answered are: Will this be a full restoration of the band or is this just for the ProgPower XII event? Can we expect a new studio release from Arcturus? Sideshow Symphonies was clearly a breakthrough for the band with a new singer(re-visited) and a new label. Season of Mist was able to reach a much larger audience and gathered new fans around the world. Will they be involved in any future productions? -Luke

I just thought of a question for Labyrinth. Numerous members of the band have left only to join bands featuring their previous Labyrinth bandmates. In addition, Olaf Thorsen rejoined the band after leading a band comprised of numerous past members of Labyrinth. What keeps this Italian network of bands (Athena, Cydonia, Domine, Labyrinth, Rhapsody, and Vision Divine) so intertwined yet so unstable in terms of lineups?

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

I'm trying to think of a couple Labyrinth questions...let's see..

First one is that I would ask what the inspiration behind the 'Return to Heaven Denied' concept is that flows through the album, sequel, and somewhat begins on 'No Limits', and what more the band can say about it to get the fans more involved on that side of things. Second one would be a comment/question, the progressive stuff ('Freeman', et al) is SEVERELY underrated in contrast to the straighter power metal material, but the new album has a bit of a balance between those, what direction and what boundaries can fans expect the band to cross in the future? (we love the electronic stuff merged with the insane riffs and harmonies, and how it all springs from there) Third, what were the reasons for Mat's leaving of the drum position? He is a spectacular drummer (great drums on the new record, however.). Finally I would ask Roberto about what singing means to him, and if he and the other members like Andrea could fill us in some on their side/solo ventures.