Teaser Interviews Now Online!

miel

Mrs. Harvester
Staff member
Feb 17, 2009
Milton Mendonca & Greg Hasbrouck conducted interviews with each band to be published within the official ProgPower USA XI Event Program (free!). Click below to read "teasers" - the full interviews will be published in the Program (available at the festival).

http://progpowerusa.com/xi/news/teaser-interviews-now-online/

HUGE props go out to Milton and Zod for all of their hard work. Transcribing the interviews must be a real bitch!

~Jen

FYI, it looks like the whole Tarot interview is posted rather than just a teaser.

Only read a couple of the teasers so far but definitely looking forward to reading them in their entirety in the program, the quality of the interviews is always top-notch!

FYI, it looks like the whole Tarot interview is posted rather than just a teaser.

Only read a couple of the teasers so far but definitely looking forward to reading them in their entirety in the program, the quality of the interviews is always top-notch!

Yeap, TAROT is the only one that has a full interview posted. There is a method to the madness, you see.

For those wondering what happened with BOREALIS, I had an issue with the file for the Borealis one, but that should be fixed soon. :)

Thanks for the kind words!

Thanks for the kind words!

You're both very welcome. I realize the interviews were very time consuming.

I was pleased to see tonight that @canadianmetal on Twitter tweeted the interview link to nearly 7,000 followers!

~Jen

Since we're on the subject, is there any way somebody can grab one or two copies of the program and save it for me since I can't be there this year? It'd be deeply appreciated! :)

Since we're on the subject, is there any way somebody can grab one or two copies of the program and save it for me since I can't be there this year? It'd be deeply appreciated! :)

If nobody has volunteered yet, I'll grab an extra from Deron when he runs the goodie bags back to the crew. I'll send it to you soon as I get back home.
Cool? Lemme know

Great interviews, as usual you guys Milton and Gregg did an awesome job. Grandpa Huh? hehehehehehe, well that's what he calls me.

J-Dubya 777 said:
If nobody has volunteered yet, I'll grab an extra from Deron when he runs the goodie bags back to the crew. I'll send it to you soon as I get back home.
Cool? Lemme know

Awesome, I really appreciate it Dub! Thanks so much!

I read a few of them. You guys did your prep work and it shows. Very professional, but seemed to really get the interviewees to be at ease with you.

Doing band interviews is a whole more intricate than people may think. It's really not just about making questions and asking them. I have been doing these for years now, and my main thing is to always make sure the interviewee feels comfortable and interested in the conversation as much as I do. I never just aim to please the reader; I actually want the person I'm interviewing to enjoy it as much as possible.

Props to Milton via Twitter!

"Onno91 @ProgPowerUSA: The Delain interview was a very interesting read, well done. Not many interviewers are so up to date"

~Jen

Doing band interviews is a whole more intricate than people may think. It's really not just about making questions and asking them. I have been doing these for years now, and my main thing is to always make sure the interviewee feels comfortable and interested in the conversation as much as I do. I never just aim to please the reader; I actually want the person I'm interviewing to enjoy it as much as possible.
Agreed. I always do a lot of research before, come up with areas for discussion, and just try play off the person's answers and keep the ball rolling. Works better than a checklist of questions. You seem to do that too. More conversational and more interesting for all involved. Nice job. :headbang:

Great stuff so far. I'd say I can't wait to read the rest, but it will likely be on the plane trip home so that will be bittersweet.

My favorite line so far (emphasis mine)...

Øyvind Larsen said:
It’s so crazy, one moment I’m sitting in my room working on my music, and the next moment, I’m coming to the United States to play in the coolest festival in the world!