the red shore

amarshism

Oct 15, 2008
Brisbane CBD
tried searching but came up with nothing. band that are acquaintances, we've played with em heaps in the past, just wondering on opinions, and maybe some of you would like to check em out.

their album unconsecrated came out last year and was tracked by their guitarist roman (whose one of australias most prominent metal engineers), and mixed by zack ohren i believe.

www.myspace.com/theredshore

edit: i recommend the track misery hymn

Only prob is, I don't think Ermz is really down with the deathcore genre :lol:
I think to get the best results, it's best to get the band to send the mix to someone passionate about the genre,

its certainly more on the tech death side of the deathcore thing
amazing musos, shame the drummer who recorded on the album had to leave

note: the band was in a crash the night after playing a show with us two years ago on tour and lost their vocalist and merch guy, drummer broke his leg and has since struggled with recurring injury/problems :(

Yeah I know they're from Melb... Hence why I suggested Ermz; and I also know he's not overly fond of deathcore, but I figure he's a good enough engineer to get past those issues. Also, it seems like all the guys into deathcore that do record and mix here in Aus are all about overcompressing shit (this is going off all the releases I've heard, so no hate to any of you guys doing stuff I haven't heard here!).

I'm from Tassie (hence the Boag's avatar) and living in Canberra if that's of any interest to any of you Aus guys...

its certainly more on the tech death side of the deathcore thing
amazing musos, shame the drummer who recorded on the album had to leave

note: the band was in a crash the night after playing a show with us two years ago on tour and lost their vocalist and merch guy, drummer broke his leg and has since struggled with recurring injury/problems :(

these guys are always a good show as well,
i was at the aforementioned gig the night it happened, it was a weird feeling

lost verses was pretty good as well, but i sorta like the original recordings since it was the original red shore.

word on the street is one of the dudes from that band conned someone out of 1200 for an ESP guitar that was never sent...That's the only thing I've heard about them, haha. Don't really know the whole story on it though, but they were all over the ESP forum for a bit.

I think one of their guitarists, bass player or something went to my class at JMC. I just remember hearing that one of my old classmates joined The Red Shore. Tragic that crash they had some years back, bands always seem prone to such potential disasters with the frequent touring.

As far as not liking deathcore, I actually regularly listen to Black Dahlia and JFAC. It tends to depend on the band. I would rather take a razor to myself than listen to Oceano for instance, but there are some quality bands in the genre. From a professional point of view I wouldn't write anyone off of course. I've found that my style or production tends to be suited fairly well to these bands, so I've come to peace with all of it and work on all kinds of material now.

@lasse: lol!

As far as not liking deathcore, I actually regularly listen to Black Dahlia and JFAC. It tends to depend on the band. I would rather take a razor to myself than listen to Oceano for instance, but there are some quality bands in the genre. From a professional point of view I wouldn't write anyone off of course. I've found that my style or production tends to be suited fairly well to these bands, so I've come to peace with all of it and work on all kinds of material now.

i think its the guitarist that does all their production!

http://www.myspace.com/officialcomplexstudios

I think one of their guitarists, bass player or something went to my class at JMC. I just remember hearing that one of my old classmates joined The Red Shore. Tragic that crash they had some years back, bands always seem prone to such potential disasters with the frequent touring.

@lasse: lol!

NOOOO dont label dahlia deathcore. I dont recal hearing anything like a breakdown except one track on unhallowed and a really early demo.

There's a huge thread on the ESP forum about one of the guitarists fucking over a dude who bought a Horizon from him right now, actually.

strange, afaik, romans always played ibanez, until he got endorsed by caparison and then schecter. Jase played a horizon which im pretty sure got destroyed in the crash along with most of their gear. pretty shitty to hold that against a dude who was in hospital with a crushed leg if thats the case.

roman tracked and engineered their album, but it was mixed by zack ohren, although i do believe he did their 'album' lost versesin its entirety, which was newer versions of older songs

recently he tracked and mixed my friends band which i highly recommend for fans of bdm

www.myspace.com/widowthesea

im really not the biggest fan of his mixes

Singer ruins it for me with these guys, and the mix doesn't help to really be able to appreciate each and every element. I won't argue the musicianship, watched some of their live stuff and was well impressed, I just don't enjoy the genre at all.