The Reticent; New Members, New Songs, New Album...

J. Golden

Heaven and Hell Records
Oct 12, 2009
here
www.heavenandhellrecords.com
New Members, New Songs, New Album...

Currently Chris “Mordrid” Hathcock (Wehreolfe, Torture Cell) is currently writing and preparing the next installment of his artistic and highly emotionally driven project The Reticent.
“As I write this, I must confess my giddiness with the way the songs are shaping up for the next album. Having put the finishing touches on a piece called "Mutually Assured Destruction", I must confess it is my favorite of anything I've written up to this point. The Reticent.”
The Reticent plans to enter the studio in the near coming months to begin recording on the not yet titled follow up to the critically acclaimed 2008 ‘Amor Mortem Mei Erit’ released on Heaven and Hell Records. The new material promises to show a further progression to an already beautiful soundscape created with the previous two releases.
“It is with eagerness and impatience that I await the chance to return to the studio and to the stage.”
Joining Mordrid for The Reticent’s powerfully moving live performances are two new permanent live members - Juston Green and Chris Mullins. Juston already having established himself as the long time front man of now disbanded metal outfit Crucible of the Damned and Chris coming from a refined music education and having played in such indie groups as Arms Over Avalon. For those familiar with Mordrid’s other musical endeavors will recognize newly added guitarist Chris Barker as the founder of Interstellar Overdrive. Chris will be sure to bring a unique sound and presence to The Reticent.
These additions will add an entire new dimension to The Reticent's live performances; making a richer and deeper yet more energetic sound than has been experienced prior.
“As I have gone through several changes in outlook, approach, and philosophy the new music will represent a broader range and deeper content than I have offered before. I hope that all of you will share in my excitement for the new album, material, and live show.”
2010 will see a rejuvenated and more defined offering that is sure to please loyal fans and those to come into the melancholy world of The Reticent.

*ADDITIONAL UPDATE: Chris ‘Mordrid’ Hathcock’s former Wehrwolfe band mate and metal mainstay Acheron Art Taylor will be doing some guest soloing on the forthcoming album.
MySpace URL:
www.myspace.com/thereticent