The Ritual

Deadline

Aug 30, 2006
Costa Rica
whats you opinion about the ritual album?? [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT]

I like it. Not my favorite Testament album, but it has some killer tunes on it. Electric Crown, Let Go of My World, Agony, The Sermon, and Return to Serenity would be my personal favs. It's a bit of a departure in the speed department, but still it's a good record.

i think it's a great record. it's got lots of melody, energy, singing, grooves. it's got everything. i don't care if it's not speed metal anymore. it's a good melodic record. and chuck's vocals here rule.

My favourite Testament album. My opinion is pretty much the same as boba's. One of my most played albums ever. The last 5 songs are just amazing!!

Yeah, I like it too. It was my favorite album for a long time. Never did listen to Low that much. I had a life-changing auto accident in '98 and anything that came out around that time, from any band, was a blur to me. It wasn't until 2000 or so, until I got back into music, when I finally got back to driving.

What I found out, that back during most of the '90s, when the music industry and its fads had turned its back on '80s-style thrash metal, any new album from any thrash metal band almost didn't seem like a real release. I thought they were bootlegs. I had the impression that most of these thrash metal bands had broken up. And so I looked at these new releases with a lot of skepticism. Especially during these times when the original band line-ups had changed so much. Especially with Testament. When Alex and Louie left, I didn't really consider anything new as a true Testament release. Same goes for bands like Overkill with its numerous guitar player changes.

I knew HPOE I will see you in this thread sooner or later :D
Just not to make Oftop: Great album, but for me - one of the worse of Testament... I love few tracks, but it just can't compete with others from Testament...

Boro the Beautiful said:
I think it is lame.

Some fine solos by Alex, "Electric Crown" & "Return to Serenity" are classics, but the rest... No love from me.
:)

:erk: Another non The Ritual fan mentions these 2 songs yet again as the albums best songs. FFS people, clean the wax out of your ears, there are more great songs on there. :lol:

Like all Testament releases, The Ritual is awesome! Sure, they may have taken a more traditional METAL Approach with the album as opposed to Thrash - However, the album still packs a sledgehammer to the face... apart from the song 'Return To Serenity', that is one KILLER ballad. I actually love the unplugged version on the Fillmore CD a lot better though...:worship:

Krawczus said:
I knew HPOE I will see you in this thread sooner or later :D
Just not to make Oftop: Great album, but for me - one of the worse of Testament... I love few tracks, but it just can't compete with others from Testament...

:puke: are you crazy, one of the worst testament albums??? this album is completly great, is not trash but is verry armonic and melodic metal up your ass,for me LOW is the last good testament album.i dont like Death Metal it all...

you don't like and I do like those deathish album... (not really like... LOVE!!) and that's it... IMO The Gathering is the best (equally with The New Order).... the worst one is Demonic (but I still dig it... very decent, kick ass album)... The Ritual is somewhere in the middle, but the 2nd half I'd say!
We don't have to agree on that, don't we? de gustibus non est disputandum as they say...

PS. but I agree with you on that: "this album is completly great, is not trash but is verry armonic and melodic"

Krawczus said:
you don't like and I do like those deathish album... (not really like... LOVE!!) and that's it... IMO The Gathering is the best (equally with The New Order).... the worst one is Demonic (but I still dig it... very decent, kick ass album)... The Ritual is somewhere in the middle, but the 2nd half I'd say!
We don't have to agree on that, don't we? de gustibus non est disputandum as they say...

PS. but I agree with you on that: "this album is completly great, is not trash but is verry armonic and melodic"

:lol: all right men Peace,hahaha...

this is probaly my least favorite album but its still an amazing CD and i love it.of course electric crown and return to serenity are great songs but so many lies the ritual and let go of my world are awesome too.it is a must buy for any testament fan likee all of their cds.