The Rudy Parris/Mikael Åkerfeldt Connection

Well, Rudy is a friend of mine and that quote is written by me on request from Rudy as he's releasing something I think it was. Either way, he's amazing...great player, great vocalist. He's a blues man so if you're into that you're gonna like him. He blew me away, which doesn't happen that often these days.

And for your information, the new album is now completely written and rehearsed and it's definately got more complex riffs, complex arrangements and drums than ever before! I don't find it boring at least. After rehearsals we're so tired due to the fact that we need to concentrate so much playing the songs. I felt sick after rehearsals for the first few days.

With that said, I think the songs are fucking awesome.
I just value how good a song is which has nothing to do with how technically advanced it is. But if you like hard to play stuff, you'll probably like the new bits!

Cheers
Mike

What unexpected news in this thread! So the album is written and looks like you guys are rehearsing again before recording like GR? Maybe we will get a new album in time for the Opeth/DT tour! Any info on if it is going to be a concept album or not? I think Opeth's music (and superb writing) is perfect for concept albums, prolly why my favorite albums are MAYH and Still Life.

Mikael Åkerfeldt;6641067 said:
Well, Rudy is a friend of mine and that quote is written by me on request from Rudy as he's releasing something I think it was. Either way, he's amazing...great player, great vocalist. He's a blues man so if you're into that you're gonna like him. He blew me away, which doesn't happen that often these days.

And for your information, the new album is now completely written and rehearsed and it's definately got more complex riffs, complex arrangements and drums than ever before! I don't find it boring at least. After rehearsals we're so tired due to the fact that we need to concentrate so much playing the songs. I felt sick after rehearsals for the first few days.

I just value how good a song is which has nothing to do with how technically advanced it is. But if you like hard to play stuff, you'll probably like the new bits!

Cheers
Mike

borat-high-five.jpg

Mikael Åkerfeldt;6641067 said:

Cheers
Mike

Yay! Sounds Cool! Hope it will be even better than GR :D

Awesome news about the new album! Great to hear that the greatness of the songs wont be overshadowed by the technicality. I'm definitely a fan of technical playing, but I'm much more of a fan of organic vs. mechanical.

If Mike says it's good, then it will be damn good.