The Rumors are true

Don't really care for Slayer (but seeing them live might change my mind), but I'm a huge Megadeth and Testament fan so I'm sold. This one is a must-go.

Please explain that totally logical fact :worship: to the morons here. I don't need to see Popallica, I'm not going. Indeed the market works! Still everybody look down at me (except my friend Darren who share my beliefs) because I'm the renegade.

OK, let's say the $10 is a gimmick for the first round and they scalate to $40. I gladly pay $40 for three great thrash bands that still do what they have to (and like I said I don't like Slayer). After all I paid more than that for 4 bands on the PPUSA showcase and I skipped two of them :loco:

Yes Metallica has been Popallica ever since the black album came out and I don't listen to Metallica anymore so their tour isn't worth it.Even at $40 this American Carnage tour is still worth seeing and that vaction week for me at school so I might go.

Please explain that totally logical fact :worship: to the morons here. I don't need to see Popallica, I'm not going. Indeed the market works! Still everybody look down at me (except my friend Darren who share my beliefs) because I'm the renegade.

OK, let's say the $10 is a gimmick for the first round and they scalate to $40. I gladly pay $40 for three great thrash bands that still do what they have to (and like I said I don't like Slayer). After all I paid more than that for 4 bands on the PPUSA showcase and I skipped two of them :loco:

My man, first of all...whoever looks down on you because you are not going to a concert is not a friend and a complete fool. Period. Indeed the market works. Metallica charges what they do because people still pay those amounts to see them and that is all good and fine. Believe me, if Slayer or Megadeth could draw that amount of people...they would charge it too. Still, each individual has a choice as to how he/she wants to spend their own money. I agree that Slayer, Megadeth and Testament are a great bill. Yet, my reason for seeing Metallica is to hear the classics and that's it. For some people, the concert experience is unique, especially if the crowd is really into it. I think this thrash trio package is great and I would definitely go see it since I like all three bands. You know that there are lots of people here in CR that will see Metallica just to boast that they saw them and don't even have their records. To each his own.:):)

My man, first of all...whoever looks down on you because you are not going to a concert is not a friend and a complete fool. Period. Indeed the market works. Metallica charges what they do because people still pay those amounts to see them and that is all good and fine. Believe me, if Slayer or Megadeth could draw that amount of people...they would charge it too. Still, each individual has a choice as to how he/she wants to spend their own money. I agree that Slayer, Megadeth and Testament are a great bill. Yet, my reason for seeing Metallica is to hear the classics and that's it. For some people, the concert experience is unique, especially if the crowd is really into it. I think this thrash trio package is great and I would definitely go see it since I like all three bands. You know that there are lots of people here in CR that will see Metallica just to boast that they saw them and don't even have their records. To each his own.:):)

I can see why now Metallica charge their tickets so much.Most popular bands like them would sell out their tickets very fast if they were 10.00 but they will still be sold out if the tickets are higher.I bet most people who go to their concerts nowadays go for their classic songs and not their new stuff.My dad has seen them twice when they were with Guns n Roses but he didn't see them. When they were touring with a nu - crap band that was making the same song and then changed to a u2 ripoff band and a another nu-crap band that everyone hates that has a douchbag lead singer that is bald and has a red baseball cap on.My dad said that Metallica were great live that night but I have watched their videos from them latley and they have fallen from being good live with them getting older.

Don't really care for Slayer (but seeing them live might change my mind), but I'm a huge Megadeth and Testament fan so I'm sold. This one is a must-go.

Slayer is amazing live. Honestly dude nothing (to me) tops those old classic Slayer albums.

I bet Axl will show up late to sing his symphony.

The reason Axl is only doing a Candian Tour is because U.S. promoters refuse to book a tour with Axl. Why you ask? Well because of just what you stated. He shows up late if at all. The promoters in the states would only book dates on Friday & Saturday nights. People usually have the weekends off and that may encourage sales, any oher days of the week would be a difficult sell. I'm hoping that by him showing up on time for each gig on this tour, playing a complete set, it may encourage promoters in the states to book a U.S. tour. I'd still have to think twice before buying any tickets because Axl has such a gigantic ego that he'd start off the tour minding himself before unravelling again.

I fucking hate it that Testament is always the "special guest" nowdays. Imo, Testament is soooo mutch better than Megadeth ever will be.

I think they have to humble themselves to play bigger venues like the did with Heaven & Hell and now this tour. They can headline clubs but obviously this kind of package tour is the place to be. Chuck is gracious to have landed such covented opening slots for the touring cycle of Formation Of Damnation.

I got one of the $15 tickets and I'm going to the show at the Cow Palace, I'm pumped! I wish Megadeth was headlining but oh well, i'm sure the show will be amazing anyway.

I think they have to humble themselves to play bigger venues like the did with Heaven & Hell and now this tour. They can headline clubs but obviously this kind of package tour is the place to be. Chuck is gracious to have landed such covented opening slots for the touring cycle of Formation Of Damnation.
Yeah you're right. Testament aint the biggest metal band out there, so i guess they have to team up with the giants (Like Judas Priest and Megadeth during Priest Feast) to get more attention (and make more $$$ :heh: )

Yeah you're right. Testament aint the biggest metal band out there, so i guess they have to team up with the giants (Like Judas Priest and Megadeth during Priest Feast) to get more attention (and make more $$$ :heh: )

I hear you. I'd love Testament to be able to tour in bigger venues as a headliner. In a perfect world that's how it would be. Instead Metallica is the arena band.

I hear you. I'd love Testament to be able to tour in bigger venues as a headliner. In a perfect world that's how it would be. Instead Metallica is the arena band.
Yeah. The fact is, i like Metallica and all, but when i go to their concerts i see like 15 year old pop-girls who go there because Metallica is "Ok" metal. That fucking sucks. They don't know nothing about metal, they don't even know what "thrash metal" is, but they go there because they like the way we headbangers live and the music we listen to in secret. I hate that. I, like you, wish Testament would tour on their own so that i could just stand there in the middle of the mosh and headbang to real thrash metal without little girls screaming!

Yeah. The fact is, i like Metallica and all, but when i go to their concerts i see like 15 year old pop-girls who go there because Metallica is "Ok" metal. That fucking sucks. They don't know nothing about metal, they don't even know what "thrash metal" is, but they go there because they like the way we headbangers live and the music we listen to in secret. I hate that. I, like you, wish Testament would tour on their own so that i could just stand there in the middle of the mosh and headbang to real thrash metal without little girls screaming!

Isn't Testament, Slayer, and Megadeth fanbase mostly people in their 40s?I don't know any 15 year olds who like those bands.