the S T U P I D thread

chickenfries.png

I'm starting to feel a little nausea.

BRUSSELS (Reuters) - A Belgian nun's acrobatic and indecorous dancing with a missionary during the Catholic World Youth Day in Germany over the weekend earned her a reprimand from her mother superior, a Belgian paper said Tuesday.

Daily Het Laatste Nieuws showed pictures of a dancing Johanne Vertommen being held up in the air by the missionary, and then clinging to him with her legs wrapped around his body.

"I wouldn't do this at home but at such occasions I get carried away by the enthusiasm of the group," the 29-year-old told the paper later.

"My mother superior raised the issue today: she thinks I should watch out a bit and bear in mind that I represent our community," Vertommen said.

Pope Benedict attended the celebration at the Marienfeld, outside Cologne, in the presence of some 700,000 people.

And if one story about outrageous nun behavior isn't enough:

TAIPEI (Reuters) - Taiwan has withdrawn an anti-AIDS campaign ad featuring a smiling nun holding a condom after it sparked an outcry from Roman Catholics, local media said on Wednesday.

The poster, which shows the nun holding the condom with both hands and saying "Although I don't need one, even I know", had been removed from all condom machines in Taipei hospitals, subway stations and elsewhere.

"As a nun, I can't agree with their way of expressing things," a church spokeswoman said on Wednesday. "This is a serious insult."

Nuns take vows of poverty, chastity and obedience and the Vatican considers all forms of contraception a sin.

Local media said the plan had been to use someone with a "positive image" to promote the use of condoms to prevent AIDS.

There are about 300,000 Catholics on the island of 23 million people.

jebus! this is funny cause the pig is fat, but also because I used to have relatives in Rochester :lol:

ROCHESTER, N.H. Aug 24, 2005 — As doctors warn more patients that they should lose weight, the advice has backfired on one doctor with a woman filing a complaint with the state saying he was hurtful, not helpful.

Dr. Terry Bennett says he tells obese patients their weight is bad for their health and their love lives, but the lecture drove one patient to complain to the state.

"I told a fat woman she was obese," Bennett says. "I tried to get her attention. I told her, 'You need to get on a program, join a group of like-minded people and peel off the weight that is going to kill you.' "

He says he wrote a letter of apology to the woman when he found out she was offended.

Her complaint, filed about a year ago, was initially investigated by a panel of the New Hampshire Board of Medicine, which recommended that Bennett be sent a confidential letter of concern. The board rejected the suggestion in December and asked the attorney general's office to investigate.

lizard said:
jebus! this is funny cause the pig is fat, but also because I used to have relatives in Rochester :lol:

ROCHESTER, N.H. Aug 24, 2005 — As doctors warn more patients that they should lose weight, the advice has backfired on one doctor with a woman filing a complaint with the state saying he was hurtful, not helpful.

Dr. Terry Bennett says he tells obese patients their weight is bad for their health and their love lives, but the lecture drove one patient to complain to the state.

"I told a fat woman she was obese," Bennett says. "I tried to get her attention. I told her, 'You need to get on a program, join a group of like-minded people and peel off the weight that is going to kill you.' "

He says he wrote a letter of apology to the woman when he found out she was offended.

Her complaint, filed about a year ago, was initially investigated by a panel of the New Hampshire Board of Medicine, which recommended that Bennett be sent a confidential letter of concern. The board rejected the suggestion in December and asked the attorney general's office to investigate.

I heard about this on the Tom Leykis show. Absofuckinlootely ridiculous! Supposedly the doctor said. "Why are you here, there's places like Jenny Craig and Weight Watchers that can help you with this". :D

On a related note.

In New Jersey this week, delegates from around the country, joined together to re-claim the word “fat.” It was a gathering of the great, a convention of the chubby, an assemblage of avoir-dupois.

Welcome to NAAFA, the National Association to Advance Fat Acceptance. They’re celebrating 35 years promoting super-sized fashion, fitness, and fun. These women are tired of hearing "Thin is in." When it comes to health and happiness, they say size doesn’t matter. The only dirty word… is “diet.”

“Ninety to ninety-eight percent of people who lose weight on a diet gain it back,” says Marilyn Wann, NAAFA board member. “I just wouldn’t recommend something with that kind of failure rate.”

Wann is working with NAAFA to challenge what she says is the medical establishment’s campaign against obesity. “I encourage people to question the propaganda and hysteria around the so-called obesity epidemic because I just don’t see it. I see people like me.”

NAAFA supporter Paul Campos agrees. “A very significant portion of the population is going to be quite a bit heavier than the government guidelines tell everybody what they’re supposed to be," says Campos. "There’s nothing you can do about that. It makes as much sense to say that everybody should be thin as saying everybody should be tall.”

“What I would really love from healthcare providers is for people to look at my health and not my weight. They should stop assuming correlation is causation,” adds Wann. “Just because a fat person has a health problem doesn’t mean that the fat caused them to have that.”

True, but doctors point out that for some, more pounds may mean more problems. “There are associations between body weight and certain diseases like type two diabetes, sleep apnea and hypertension,” points out Dr. Michael Rosenbaum of Columbia University. "95 percent of Type Two diabetic adults and children are overweight, so it doesn’t take and M.D. to tell you there’s some association there."

But here, “livin’ large” means simply eating right and keeping fit. And though caution is prescribed, (Rosenbaum says your doctor should take a look at your level of body fatness and consider it in the context of your family history of diseases that would be made worse by being overweight), the bottom line is “fat” is NOT a four letter word.

“We want an end to weight based discrimination and a celebration of every type of beautiful body,” says Wann.

n_countdown_fatisphat_040810.300w.jpg

back a few posts because I jumped in late to the thread:

It's a good marketing technique to have a Death Metal band comprised on chickens to sell chicken fingers. Now that is true to ideals.

i so god damn didn't read any posts in this thread but this shit:

sparkscans.jpg

is fuckin' stupid. it's like CRANK AND BEER COMBINED. drank my first one in many many moons tonight, it's 2am, and i'm so god damn not going to fall asleep anytime soon.

One Inch Man said:
i so god damn didn't read any posts in this thread but this shit:

sparkscans.jpg

is fuckin' stupid. it's like CRANK AND BEER COMBINED. drank my first one in many many moons tonight, it's 2am, and i'm so god damn not going to fall asleep anytime soon.

Everyone in the metal scene around here is a sparskaholic. But i think its cuz we can jsut drinka that shit noast he middle of athr aodroad int eh middle of boston with on quesiton. cuz it lookaz like soda! haha! HELZLZ YEA!

Fat people who like it are lying to themselves, Slipknot is fucking gay, and I'm so damn hungry.