The Sanity Days (feat former Onslaught members)...

eppst1

Mar 18, 2002
Ohio
www.eppst1.com
I believe I am one of about 42 people around the world that prefers the In Search of Insanity over all others put out by Onslaught. I'm hoping for some new stuff and a chance to hear ISOS live.

Blabbermouth said:
THE SANITY DAYS was launched by Steve Grice, former drummer and founding member of the ONSLAUGHT, who played on all ONSLAUGHT albums thus far. He is joined in the new project by former ONSLAUGHT guitarist Alan Jordan (2007's "Killing Peace"), bassist Jase Stallard (1985's "Power From Hell" and 1986's "The Force"), and ex-GRIM REAPER singer Steve Grimmett, who fronted ONSLAUGHT for the 1989 album "In Search Of Sanity".

Released on London Records in 1989, "In Search Of Sanity" was the last album ONSLAUGHT recorded before it disbanded. Despite reaching the U.K. Top 50, its mainstream production proved controversial among bandmembers and fans alike. "We were always pleased with the songs, though," states Grice. "Over the past few years, people have nagged me to play tracks from the 'Sanity' album, but we always struggled to get them sounding right without Steve Grimmett's involvement."

Former GRIM REAPER frontman Grimmett lent his powerful voice to ONSLAUGHT for just this one album and now returns as a member of THE SANITY DAYS. "It's been a long time since I sang any songs from 'In Search of Sanity', but this was an opportunity I couldn't turn down," he said. "I have also been asked to play these songs, but it never seemed the right thing to do after ONSLAUGHT got back together."

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool. I always seem to think that ISOS was looked down upon by the masses, or at least Onslaught fans because of the departure from their sound. Whatever that means. I thought Grimmet sounded pretty good on the video - I hope to hear more from this project.

Cool. I always seem to think that ISOS was looked down upon by the masses, or at least Onslaught fans because of the departure from their sound. Whatever that means. I thought Grimmet sounded pretty good on the video - I hope to hear more from this project.
the lack of thrash maybe on that album...

I think among power metal fans ISOS is the favorite, for the old(er)-school thrash fans it was a huge let down.

exactly....look at the running order of their releases. It would almost be like if Freedom Call suddenly put out a black metal album. In Search of Sanity didnt fit with the rest of thier stuff. On its own it is a great album. I am sure most fans at that time where shocked by it being so different.

exactly....look at the running order of their releases. It would almost be like if Freedom Call suddenly put out a black metal album. In Search of Sanity didnt fit with the rest of thier stuff. On its own it is a great album. I am sure most fans at that time where shocked by it being so different.

I can see that. Honestly I never paid the band any attention at all until a few years ago when Matt (Tribunal) pointed out that Grimmett was on one of their albums.

I loved ISOS as well, being a huge Grim Reaper fan from back in the day. Never really warmed up to their other material, although they seemed to be a well-respected and competent band. I always looked at ISOS as their attempt to fashion their own version of Master Of Puppets. It just seemed to mirror Master in it's overall sound and style. Still a good punchy album, though.

Would like to check this out, the 2nd coming of the Grimmett era of Onslaught. Along with Lionheart and Steve's solo work, there will be place of honor in my collection for this...

Rock on!

I think among power metal fans ISOS is the favorite, for the old(er)-school thrash fans it was a huge let down.

Guess I never thought of it that way. Makes sense. ISOS was my first time I heard the band, so I didn't know what to expect from their older stuff. I guess I might have been in the same boat if I listened to their old stuff first.

Might make for a good Thursday night band. (wink wink nudge nudge)

I was never a raging fan of Onslaught.
My older brother was a big fan so I remember the old stuff.
Then they released the video for LET THERE BE ROCK and I never bothered with the band again.
I never heard ISOS so I am not dissing the album at all.
I always thought it sucked how many labels were pushing thrash bands based on cover songs....

Sanctuary - White Rabbit
Megadeth - Anarchy in the UK
Flotsam - Saturday Nights Alright For Fighting
Onslaught - Let There Be Rock
Celtic Frost - Mexican Radio
Nuc Assault - Good Times Bad Times (Ok, this wasn't exactly a single, but a lame cover on what otherwise is a perfect album)

I am sure there are more I am forgetting.

I know Onslaught doing that cover tune got them on Headbanger's Ball which in turn made thousands of metalheads check them out for the first time.

I should check out ISOS sometime as it seems to be a big hit amongst many.

It just dawned on me...all this talk of "In Search Of Sanity"...

...and no one has mentioned that first fucking track.

Oh yeah...to be sure...great album! I always have to remember to start on track 2.

I just wondered what was going through their heads. I'm all for intro tracks, but it's like 5 1/2 minutes long or something...sheesh!