The "save www.dark-tranquillity.nl" thread... :'(

Gtranquillity

The fear I feel inside...
Jun 24, 2003
The Netherlands
www.dark-tranquillity.nl
I hope someone can help... :(

This is the problem...
Last night I wanted to upload some sound samples (I work with Frontpage 2000) on my webpage, but it didn't work...
This morning I called my hosting company about it, and they said they'd check if the Frontpage extentions were working properly as this was likely the problem. Needless to say, it didn't help... I updated another page instead, but when I tried uploading it, Frontpage gave me the following message for EVERY single page, photo etc. in my web:

File (..name..) is available on the server, but it's not on the present web. Do you want to delete it?

I.e. I can't I upload anything or Frontpage deletes it all! Needless to say I cancelled the upload, so the site is still online, but that's about it... Does anyone know what I can do to prevent the webpage from vanishing in front of my eyes?? :cry:

Thanks!

Ouch, this sounds BAD! :ill:

I truly hope someone can give you some real advice - the very best DT-fansite deserves to be saved! :yell:

I'll try asking my IT-engineer friends about this - one of those nerds must know some way to solve this...

-Villain

Do you not have FTP access to your webspace?

Just download it all and mirror the file structure on your PC, I presume that's how Front Page works...

Oh, and don't use FrontPage in future ;)

Sorry about your situation Gtranquillity, but you really should have a backup of your site anyhow :erk: If not, do as suggested above instantly. Also, i find it funny how people post in the guestbook like if it's the official Dark Tranquillity webpage :lol: mm yeah, i bet they would use .nl first over .com :rolleyes: :p

To both: I did make a backup of my page, however... when I called my host company about it, they said they weren't sure it would work, as certain things (no, unfortunately they couldn't tell me *what* things) should be installed in order to work properly, and it won't install automatically :/
As for the FTP thingy... Ehhh... well, I heard the name before, but I'm afraid that's about it... How does it work??