The Scorpions' final album - Sting In The Tail

Yeah, it's sad to hear that the Scorpions are calling it quits after 45 years. They were part of the foundation of metal, but their music will live on. :headbang:

I haven't had the chance to listen to the whole album yet, but I got to hear this song. It features former Nightwish vocalist Tarja Turunen.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKoVPKaKhTc]"The Good Die Young"[/ame]

I discovered here in Manila that record stores actually have this CD in stock, considering how rare metal is over here. But then again, the Scorpions actually have some sort of fan following here, as their ballads are constantly played on radio.

Anyway, I picked up Sting in the Tail, and I must say this is an impressive album. The band does not really dish out anything new here; instead, each song is a throwback to their past hits. The opening song "Raised on Rock" has shades of "Rock You Like a Hurricane", while songs like "Lorelei" are textbook examples of the band's power ballad sound. As mentioned earlier, former Nightwish vocalist Tarja Turunen makes a guest appearance on "The Good Die Young", but the song practically doesn't need her, as you can barely hear her voice behind Klaus Meine's vocals.

Overall, Sting in the Tail is an excellent album, and it's a fitting tribute to the band's long career. Perhaps sometime this year, Crabby Patty should do a set list dedicated to the Scorpions. :kickass:

I'm gonna get my copy from iTunes sometime in the near future. It is a shame that there calling it quits.

I heard on the radio that this would be their last tour, bit there was doubt as to whether they were completely retiring from recording, too. Is this not true?