The sickest drummer I've worked with (Trials studio diary)

Lasse Lammert

HCAF Blitzkrieg
Feb 12, 2009
www.lasselammert.com
Wanna see a kick-fucking-arse-metal-drummer????
Check out this first episode of the Trials recording diary.
Seriously, this dude is sick, first drummer I've worked with whom's kicks don't get the slightest bit softer during ridiculously fast bits....consistency and timing like crazy..no editing needed for this bugger

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLYjSusmN4M&feature=share[/ame]

He sure can play fast! Very good... personally I'd rate any drummer from Dillinger Escape Plan over this guy but that's mostly because the genre. :)

sick! human clockwork + very tasty.. his usage of the chyna and the ghost notes on the snare in the part starting @1:35 is so nice

Yeah, this guy fucking KILLED it in the studio. Laid down 10 tracks in 1 day. I should also mention that this was the FIRST time he'd ever been in a real studio.

All the piano parts are Van Halen songs. The thing on acoustic guitar was me making fun of Eric Clapton. We were just fucking around while the drums were being set up...

I guess it's kinda rare to see those kind of drummers nowadays.
I liked it a lot. reminded me of napalm death's original drummer mick harris, in terms of power, not timing^^.

lasse, how did you deal with the hihat? wasn't it overbearing?
I find when a drummer bashes the hihat I can't use the hihat close mic at all because it's already too loud in the OH's.

Sorry for the bump...we uploaded a full song of drums here:

Last edited by a moderator: