The Snowed In Thread

DarkNoise

Grotesque Butchery Rabbit
So everyone else in our house managed to get to work today, but I couldn't because I work in a very hilly area, and the roads are packed with ice and snow.

I've spent my day thus far playing video games, attempting to patch our storm windows, and drinking.... I'm bored already, and still have 6 hours to go. Ideas anyone?

And for those of you who live in areas prone to snow and ice in winter - you need to teach 90% of the drivers around here how to handle the snow. As soon as snowflakes start flaling people drop 20mph, it's absurd. Unless there's ice or limited visibility, keep going dammit!

Anyway, I'm bored and snowed in and almost out of vodka, what do I do?

Bastermate?

We haven't had snow in 10 years (1998), and 10 years before that (1988), and 37 years before that (1951).

I sure do not enjoy it. It disrupts life when it happens here, as no one has snow equipment and the economy shuts down until the city gets plows and digs the roads out.

Damn that sucks , well when i used to live in Romania i enjoyed it , but now ... nothing !!! To get snow here i must climb mountains

usually we're fairly prepared for snow and ice here, but I work in a suburb of a suburb (an area that's just now trying to get it's city status), so they have absolutely no plows, de-icing equipment, or anything of the like. It sucks for me, cause I need to work to pay my mortgage, but there's nothing I can do about it.

I, on the other hand, am well prepared. All three of my vehicles have tires that are studded and siped, as well as chains in the vehicle itself as an emergency backup. And I have huge 6 guage 16' jumper cables in all of them too (only takes 20 seconds to jump my truck). So I'm prepared, it's the stupid local government that isn't.

if the wind is blowing from the north, you Seattleites might get what we had and school may be cancelled. but I doubt this dinky 'storm' would have the strength to do that to the greater metro area.

I'm not in the metro area. I live in Brown's Point which is literally right next door to Federal Way. I am about a ten minute drive from Enchanted Village/Wild Waves.

never noticed that little addition in your profile thing. I always saw "Seattle/Tacoma". Not too familiar with Brown's Point, but I know Federal Way... fuckin hell to navigate for me (most that area is). Still nothing compared to Bellevue or Redmond though.

Yea.....I don't really go any further north than Kent/Tukwila area. I'm more familiar with the Federal Way/Puyallup/Bonney Lake areas.

I hate those commercials every year for the Fair in Puyallup... they always end with that damn countrified "You'll loooooooooooove puyallup!"

Seriously though, it's not worth going any further north

:lol: "Do theeeeeeeeeee Puyallup!"

You know, I have lived in the Pacific Northwest for about a total of 13 years and have never once been the Puyallup Fair.

Lulz, it's snowing in Puyallup.

It's gotta be snowing here soon then. Where in Puyallup?

:lol: "Do theeeeeeeeeee Puyallup!"

You know, I have lived in the Pacific Northwest for about a total of 13 years and have never once been the Puyallup Fair.
I wouldn't sweat it. I've been several times. It's the sort of thing that always sounds like a good idea, but then when you get there and look around and realize what your options are and what they'll cost, you start to wonder why it seemed like such a good idea. Just take vacation and road trip to a real amusement park.