The song that got u into guitar

Originally posted by (/\)olf Hunter
For me it had to be Metallica's The Call of Ktulu.

:devil:

really? this is the unic music that I know how to play till today:D ehuahe
Oh.. I know Paranoid too! heuahuehauhe:D

Metallica's Master Of Puppets that song drove me wild the first time I heard it, the slow solo (wich has kind of a cathedral feel to it if anyone knows what I mean) and the third Kirk solo.

There i like a whole generation of us out there that were influenced by metallica. i wonder... does anyone feel lost(musically speaking) with the advent of nu crap metal. do you understand what i am saying...does the style of music you once worked for not exist anymore. And are there those out there who would take it upon themselves not to sell out and stay true.

:devil:

Well, if you'd ask me: First "big M" sold out during the grunge onslaught. I don't like nu by any stretch, but when I compare it to the grunge-junk, it's almost bearable. Then many fell to the born-again punk rock. When old bands like Axxis even make a song that sounds soo much like Bad Religion or Offspring, you know something is off. =P

One of the big olds that has stayed close to its roots and that I still can appreciate, is Testament. Yeah, they kinda wussed out after "Practice", but after Skolnick finally left they got _really_ brutal, going all the way over to death metal. I love their late 90's stuff!

Thank goodness metal is growing strong again. The band that really made me smell the coffee is Lost Horizon. Whoa, their debut album just smokes! It's like hearing a born-again Manowar of sorts. =)
:hotjump:

/Sun'

Originally posted by Till Fjalls
I had wanted to play guitar for a long time because it looked really cool, and I thought it would be great to be able to be like those guys I saw on music videos. lame, but inspiration has to start somehwere!

Dude!! Totally.

I remember hearing Crazy Train on the radio when I was a young pup, and the guitar was so....dirty and fuzzy. But it was so cool. I didnt know what it really was per se, but I knew whatever that sound was, it was neato.

Then we got cable. MTV and glam vids. Everyone had crazy looking instruments, and a lot of them. Oh yeah.

Then I discovered John Norum and Kee Marcello from Europe. That's when I discovered air guitar-that solo in the Final Countdown? Oh yeah.

Then Gn'R. Then Metallica. Then Megadeth. Then Slayer. Then Pink Floyd. Then Death. Then...ok, enough already.

Ozzy Osbourne - Mr. Crowley.. I love Rhoads' solo on that song. I thought "God damn, I wish I could do that" and eventually bought a shitty acoustic to play on. It's kind of weird when you play something you tried to learn when you began. I always wonder why I had such a hard time with it...

I've been playing for as long as I can remember, but what made me actually want to be able to play lead was when I saw my dad play the keyboard solo to Deep Purples "Highway Star" on guitar when I was about 11. About 5 years later I finally had him show me how to play it. Still trying to perfect it, only because I try and play it twice as fast as it's supposed to go...