The Spiral Sequence debut album release February 15!

PIV Bassman

Nomad
Apr 17, 2001
Here and There in Melbourne
Visit site
Hey guys, been a long time since I've posted here, two years in fact looking at my last log in - usually when Maiden are touring! Hope you're all doing well, I've been working on a solo project for a while now and it's finally about to be released, so it's promo time! I've written, performed, recorded and mixed the whole thing and done the artwork as well, a major reason I've not been active on this forum or any others. Hope you can take the time to check it out :)

The Spiral Sequence
is a new solo project fusing diverse influences such as Iron Maiden, Tool, Paradise Lost, Killing Joke and Dead Can Dance. If you're tired of albums where every song sounds similar, this may be the band for you! From the epic gothic metal of Blood And Ashes, crashing riffs of Nibiru, driving alternative metal of If and Dehumanisation and the acoustic lament World Torn Apart, The Spiral Sequence's debut album Through Shadow Into Light is an album of varying dynamics and mood that should interest a wide variety of metal and rock music listeners.

To check out streaming samples go to http://thespiralsequence.bandcamp.com/ or www.soundcloud.com/the-spiral-sequence

The full album will be available February 15 on CD via bandcamp and digital download via iTunes, bandcamp, Amazon and eMusic plus other digital retailers.

Like the facebook page at www.facebook.com/thespiralsequence
Official website www.thespiralsequence.com

Thanks for reading and hope you dig the tunes! Any and all feedback appreciated :headbang:

Hey Winmar, how are you? You're right, I should post more, I'll make an effort to hang around a bit more often this year!

Not too bad thanks! I keep a pretty low profile these days due to kids.

I like your songs! I assume you played the guitar as well as bass? Did you collaborate with a few other people?

Hey Winmar, how many kids do you have now? Most of my friends now are parents, I understand it changes a few things! Do you still get out to a few gigs now and then?

Thanks for checking out the songs, glad you liked them! I played guitar and bass and did the vocals and drums as well, there was actually no collaboration with anyone else, I wrote, played, recorded and mixed everything. It was fun and I learned a lot by doing it all myself, though it was very time consuming! I decided a few years ago I was tired of constant line up changes and band politics, lack of commitment from other members and so on, so I thought I'd have a crack at doing something solo and having an ongoing project I can work on for the foreseeable future. I have a ton of new material ready to work on and I've really gotten into the whole recording side in the last few years. I set up a decent home studio and absolutely love it. There will be a lot more music to come!

This is awesome, as that was pretty much my reasoning for having a go at something myself as well, with the main difference being that i used collaborations to help get songs finished and prettied up a but, being a fairly casual musician myself. Do you find your next release will dabble even further into different/a mix of genres? Mine certainly will be.

Good luck with it all man.

For sure Blitz, I have a whole bunch of ideas that are a bit more ambient/prog rock than the songs on this album. I also really like stuff like Dead Can Dance and Arcana. It's funny, sometimes you don't end up writing what you think you're going to at the beginning of the process. Songs kinda write themselves, some come easy and some just refuse to be finished for a while! I have a lot of half finished ideas that I really like but just can't seem to finish off.

I still like the idea of working with other people too, it can be great to inspire each other and come up with even better ideas. Missing out on that inspiration and energy is about the only negative aspect to working solo. In terms of definitely getting something finished and out with no hassles, arguments or compromise working solo is great, if you have the time to do it!

Good luck with Vessel too, where do you see your next batch of songs heading?

Hey Winmar, how many kids do you have now? Most of my friends now are parents, I understand it changes a few things! Do you still get out to a few gigs now and then?

Thanks for checking out the songs, glad you liked them! I played guitar and bass and did the vocals and drums as well, there was actually no collaboration with anyone else, I wrote, played, recorded and mixed everything. It was fun and I learned a lot by doing it all myself, though it was very time consuming! I decided a few years ago I was tired of constant line up changes and band politics, lack of commitment from other members and so on, so I thought I'd have a crack at doing something solo and having an ongoing project I can work on for the foreseeable future. I have a ton of new material ready to work on and I've really gotten into the whole recording side in the last few years. I set up a decent home studio and absolutely love it. There will be a lot more music to come!

I've got two kids (2 and 11 weeks). It sure does change things, mostly for the better, but it's pretty restrictive. I get out to some gigs (Kyuss Lives last night, for example), but way less often than I used to. I still see a reasonable number of touring bands, but hardly make it to any local shows.

It must be great to have a creative outlet like you've got, and doing it solo means you don't have issues with compatibility with other band members. Having said that though, do you plan on playing it live?

I've got two kids (2 and 11 weeks). It sure does change things, mostly for the better, but it's pretty restrictive. I get out to some gigs (Kyuss Lives last night, for example), but way less often than I used to. I still see a reasonable number of touring bands, but hardly make it to any local shows.

It must be great to have a creative outlet like you've got, and doing it solo means you don't have issues with compatibility with other band members. Having said that though, do you plan on playing it live?

2 and 11 weeks? Congratulations, that's pretty recent :) Must keep you busy!
How was Kyuss Lives? I'm going to check them out at Soundwave.
I'd like to play live again, but it's a lot of work getting a band together. I'd be starting from scratch as a lot of my old band mates are no longer playing due to work and family commitments. But we'll see. I probably will take the plunge at some point. I like the studio side of things and the creative part but playing gigs is fun once it's up and running.

Kyuss Lives were great. Pretty similar to their show hear a couple of years ago. Have fun tomorrow. Let us know which bands you saw.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do with the band! It must be heaps harder once guys start having kids.I certainly find it difficult to focus on things for any length of time. They do keep me busy!