The story of Jesus...

Volke

Sanguine Divinity
Oct 21, 2003
Exploring the darkest of places.
Visit site
Everyone well knows the name Judas Iscariot, in the Bible he was the disciple who betrayed Jesus Christ. The name Iscariot, which meant " a man of Kerioth," which was a town in southeastern Judea. In the bible they say that Judas was th eonly disciple not from Galilee, they named him treasurer of the group, and was called a thief. They say he had an agreement with enemies of jesus to deliver him to them for 30 pieces of silver. The arrest came in the Garden of Gethsemane after Judas betrayed his master with a kiss. But when he saw Jesus condemned to be crucified, he supposedly repented, returned the blood money, and hanged himself...now let me tell you about Jesus, and the real story behind Judas Iscariot...

Jesus was born in Bethlehem, a village in Palestine five miles south of Jerusalem. At that time Palestine was under Roman domination with Herod the Great as puppet ruler. There is no way of reckoning his exact birth date. The Christian Calendar, devised in the sixth century, places the Nativity in the year 1 A.D. Modern scholars, however, believe that Herod died about 4 B.C and that Jesus was born two or three years earlier, which he had been, I was there. Yet though the Nativity has been celebrated on December 25 since the fourth century A.D, but I think they are out of their minds in doing so....so much for accurate history lessons.

Luke told of the decree of Emperor Augustus that required everyone to go to his native village to be taxed. Mary and her husband Joseph had to go from their home in Nazareth, Galilee, to Bethlehem, Judea...Yet it was not God that pregnated Mary...I just made her forget who really played a hand in it. Jesus was born in a manger because there was no room in the Inn, and after his birth shepherds came to worship him, he was of Scarabae blood, and was like an angel. Matthew tells of the wise men from the east, who heard the stories Mary and Joseph were retelling of the immaculate conception of their child, who saw a brilliant star in the sky and came to worship Jesus.

Herod, also heard these rumors, and alarmed by the birth of a child described by the wise men as " King of the Jews," ordered the massacre of all young children in or near Bethlehem in an attempt to kill Jesus. Joseph and his family escaped by fleeing to Egypt.

After Herod died, Joseph took his family back to Nazareth. The parents were devout Jews. Jesus received careful religious instruction and spent much time in studying the Scriptures ( Old Testament ). His language was Aramaic, a Semitic tongue. Jospeh was a carpenter, and Jesus learning the trade. When he was twelve years of age, his parents took him to Jerusalem for the Passover. There he became absorbed in conversation with the religious leaders in the Temple; his parents left for home without him and had to return for him.

When about 30 years old, Jesus was baptized by his cousin, or assumed cousin, John the Baptist. He then went into the wilderness, where he fasted 40 days while he meditated over his mission and was tempted by the devil ( that was me ). He rejected my temptations all three times; that he cater to the physical needs of his people, that he use his miracculous powers to win favor by spectacular methods, and that he use political methods and set up an earthly empire...all those stories his mother told him had really gone straight to his head...

Now the work of Jesus as a prophet, teacher, and healer was called his Ministry. He began his ministry shortly after he came back from the wilderness, ( no food for 40 days made him a bit insane ). It is commonly believed that he taught three years, but some scholars believe his ministry lasted only one year. His ministry cannot be traced by modern scholars, since in detail the accounts differ.

Jesus spent most of his time in Galilee, especially in Capernaum and around the Sea of Galilee. He preached in synagogues and homes, on hillsides and along the lake shore. Much of his teaching was in parables, such as in stories of the good Samaritian and the prodigal son. Jesus performed many so called miracles. He was said to have healed many sick and raised several from the dead...which were greatly exaggerated.

Jesus preached about the existence of the Kingdom of God, a society divinely constituted within his own delusional mind. It was to arrive in the future, yet is within men's souls now; it will come in a flash, yet will grow as quietly as a msutard seed. The sermon on the Mount describes the character and conduct of citizens of this imaginary Kingdom. The Sermon---which contains the Beatitudes, the Lord's Prayer, and the golden rule---contrasts the old law with the law of love. Love became the central motive, or so it seemed, of Jesus's system of madness.

The gospel of John presents Jesus as the Messiah---the Lord's anointed who would deliver His people from foreign bondage---and the son of God. According to the Synoptic Gospels, however Jesus did not proclaim himself to be the Messiah, but when Peter declared, " Thou are the Christ, the son of the living God," he accepted the title, and enflated his ego that much more. In accepting the role of Messiah, Jesus gave new meaning to the old concept. He conceived the Messiah as the Suffering Servant, who was to give his life as a ransom for many.

When Jesus began preaching in Galilee he attracted great crowds. His so called miracles filled the observers with awe and he spoke as one who had authority, ( so is our gift for words ). He chose the Twelve Disciples to be with him and to learn from his life and teachings. I became one of them, to keep an eye on my son...

Opposition came from the Pharisees, the party of zealous teaxhers of the Jewish Law. They denounced him for taking liberties with the Law and for associating with sinners. Jesus denounced the Pharisees because they had more regard for the letter of the Law than for its spirit. Jesus also came into conflict with the Sadducees, a small conservative group who were dominant in the Temple at Jerusalem and were on friendly terms with the Roman rulers.

Opposition also came from the ruler Herod Antipas, who at my subtle grace had imprisoned John the Baptist, nosey little punk, and had him put to death. When Herod saw how the common people followed Jesus he became alarmed, and he believed that the new leader was John risen from the dead.

In about 29 A.D, Jesus went to Jerusalem for the Passover. In his triumphal entry into the city he was hailed by his followers as the Messiah, an event celebrated as Palm Sunday. Jesus cleansed the Temple by driving out the money changers, thereby arousing the fury of the religious leaders. He taught the people and silenced his enemies when they tried to trap him with questions. On Thursday evening he had the Last Supper with his Twelve, an event commemorated in the Eucharist, or Lord's Supper.

That night after the Last Supper, Jesus and his Disciples went into the Garden of Gethsemane, just outside of Jerusalem. Here the Disciples slept while Jesus agonized in prayer as he meditated over his Passion, or redemptive suffering. About midnight he was arrested by a band of men guided by he disciple Judas Iscariot, which was me of all people, who betrayed my only son and identified him with a kiss. Jesus was led to the high priest Caiaphas, and then was taken to the Sanhedrin, the supreme Jewish council. He was condemned to death for blasphemy when he confessed, under questioning, that he believed himself to be the Son of God.

The sentence had to be confirmed by Pontius Pilate, th Roman procurator ( governor ). Since Rome was not concerned about religious offenses, the enemies of Jesus had to devise some political charges. They charged that he was preparing to set himself up as the king of the jews. Pilate, wishing to avoid trouble with the religious leaders, finally yielded after some help from me, and condemned Jesus to be crucified.

On Calvary, or Golgotha, a hillside outside of Jerusalem, Jesus was crucified between two thieves. The four gospels report the Crucifixion simply and record the saying of Jesus---the " Seven Last Words"---from the cross. Jesus was crucified at the sixth hour ( noon ), and died at the ninth hour. The Crucifixion took place on Friday, and is commemorated as Good Friday. Joseph of Arimathea, a member of the Sadhedrin and a secret follower of Jesus, placed the body in his own tomb. Burial was hurried because the Sabbath was approaching...and there was no miraculious Resurrection...he stayed dead and buried, now in an unmarked grave, after I removed the body from the original tomb...and now my story moves on.

Reactions: Officer Nice