The Tea Party tour

Blitzkrieg

Master Exploder
They announced another Melb show at the Mercury Lounge for tonight, so I am going. I have looked at some setlists they have played so far in Australia, and it would seem that this is going to be a killer gig. Apparently Jeff Martin mentioned that tonights show would feature more covers than normal, and the covers they play are awesome. Some of the tour is being filmed for a DVD as well. Bonus.

Rock the fuck on. :headbang:

Holy shit, that was a fucking unreal gig. :headbang:

The setlist was a weird one. The show was mostly a bonus show that was for the Melbourne fans where they played some stuff they don't usually play live. They dropped some gems like Fire In The Head, The Bazaar, Temptation and Psychopomp, so I was disappointed there, but the stuff they did play was awesome. Correspondences and Release, which they haven't played live in years, were unreal. Covers of Kashmir and Paint It Black thrown in to the middle of Save Me and Sister Awake were awesome. Here is the setlist I found from their forum:

Army Ants
Overload
A Certain Slant of Light
Stargazer
Correspondences
Writings On The Wall
Release
Walking Wounded
Zahira, Rakim, Halcyon Days
Sun Going Down
The Watcher
Lullaby
Save Me (Kashmir, Last Goodbye)

Empty Glass
Watching What the Rain Blows In
Winter Solstice
Sister Awake (Paint It Black)

Unreal. :headbang:

I am VERY happy that they didn't film the live DVD this tour, they are coming back to Melb to play at the forum to record it in coming months. I won't miss that gig for anything.

Also worth mentioning, was the support band Evermore from New Zealand. I have heard their album once before, and while I liked it I didn't think it was all that great, but live they were fucking fantastic. Much more dynamic than on cd.

They missed Heavens Coming Down :(

On a semirelated note Blitzy, Creeds Greatest Hits album is out now and it has a DVD with it of all their videos plus three live songs. No new stuff on the actual album though (and they actually took out the God word from the no god damned score on Whats This Life For unbelieveably) but anyway, good value.